Thread: QA1 26 series

Default QA1 26 series

Anybody have any experience with these shocks . I'm looking for something I can work on myself , tired of sending shocks to someone else . If you haven't worked with these bypass this post. Thanks

ive done the 50 series shocks, they were pretty straight forward. I think monotubes are actually easier because you dont have to get the piston back down in the 2nd tube. Long as you can run schraeder valves it would be easy. Not sure how/what they use to gas them without the valve on top. You do not want to be revalving your own and trying to run them without dynoing it after a change. I built what was a 4-12 on the chart and it was 2 valvings off on the rebound 4-10 so without dynoing i would of never known. I have a afco dealer local that let helped me out even though he doesnt rebuild qa1 stuff

We ran them a couple years. I had a pro build them, didn't run them straight out of the box. If you don't have a dyno, you are kidding yourself on rebuilds.

SPark

Those are straight enough answers . Thanks

They are very very easy to work on if u have anyone nearby with a dyno u could build em yourself then run them over and check them out

are the 26 series good shocks

Quote Originally Posted by junebug View Post
    They are very very easy to work on if u have anyone nearby with a dyno u could build em yourself then run them over and check them out
    that's what I do one shop does it for free another charges a small fee but it's worth it to me. I'll get a dyno one day but for now got do what it takes.