Thread: Fuel Filters

Default Fuel Filters

Anyone ever use stainless steel filters for gas? Switching from alk to gas this season in one of the cars, have several SS filters in stock. Or is paper elements the better way to go with gas - Or does it even matter?

Paper elements do a better job of filtering. I'm sure you could run stainless with gas but would mostly like have more junk in your carb after a few months

Stainless will be fine. Paper will filter more out but alcohol will dissolve it so as long as you keep your cell clean it will be fine.

Run stainless with gas no problems.
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

stainless with gas here too for years. never an issue.

Just saying here...I used a paper one and left in in the car all winter last year with what little gas I left in the lines. It rusted and cost me tear down time plus parts. Ill be using a stainless from now on as well as better storage practices.

paper sucks, shouldn't be a lot of dirt in fuel anyway. Make sure fuel jugs are clean every time they are filled.

My stainless filter rusted on the ends but I didn't drain the alky out of the lines after the season ended and when I cleaned it out there was quite a bit of very fine debris so it is getting the small stuff out.

Stainless with gas..no issues