Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New VP CRATE Fuel

Has anyone did any dyno work with the new crate fuel? If so how were the numbers compared to other fuels and how much carb tweaking was there to do? I never did really like CHP so I am wondering how different it is.

we did conduct a fuel test on Wednesday of this week for VP racing fuel

the tested fuels were our own break-in/evalution fuel---VP's C9---VP's CHP and VP's new VP crate

the initial testing was dyno numbers on a 604 using a Stealth 700 carb and adjusting the fuel curve to maximize power

then we continued with evaporation rates-----burn rates, BTU comparisons also some of our own chemical tests

we will issue an official report to VP early next week but we do have a favorable opinion of the new VP crate fuel

Brad

is the VP crate fuel and VP CHP similar in $$ ? which is cheaper ?

I m new to fule and trying to learn fule so here it gos vp uses MTBE in ther CHP and some threr fuels , MTBE is can not be used in some states and only 2% to %5 in some state Just Google MTBE lawsuit and see for your self

thanks for looking

according to Vp, the Vp crate fuel is a relabeled version of VP113. The VP113 works well for us in 10.5 to one 360's. i have a few friends running it in crates and it works well also.

I can confirm what stockcar5 has stated----VP crate is relabeled VP113

we did not know this at the time of our testing ----and does it really matter?

VP officials have given us valid reasons for the relabel but in the end its a very good fuel for the 604 crate

stores much better than CHP and through tuning makes compareable power to CHP

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by brad hibbard View Post
    I can confirm what stockcar5 has stated----VP crate is relabeled VP113

we did not know this at the time of our testing ----and does it really matter?

VP officials have given us valid reasons for the relabel but in the end its a very good fuel for the 604 crate

stores much better than CHP and through tuning makes compareable power to CHP

Brad
    brad what is the price compared to vp113? we were paying $450 per barrel iirc last year for vp113.

no idea on price ---we have never sold fuel and don't intend on selling

as a comparison the price varys all over the country on the retail end not to mention quantity and wholesale orders

Brad

i wasn't looking to buy. was just curious what you paid for the crate fuel you tested. I plan on sticking with the vp113 this year.

we do independant testing for several fuel companys----our fuel tests are extensive and time consuming----we do not charge them for the tests but require them to supply the fuel------

Brad

Brad have you tested the chp_+

Vp is claiming it is now better than chp.

Have you ever tested sonoco 260 or 260 gt?

What are the storage issues you speak of for chp?

Ive been running methanol and am wanting to run gas.

Thanks Jeff
    Last edited by stock car driver; 05-11-2015 at 09:46 PM.

Jeff,
    what are your complaints with the methanol?
    classes with NO fuel rule we recommend methanol

we have tested CHP+ and at this time I think its best for us not to reveal our test results as several sanctions are analyzing the fuel (I don't want to influence their decisions)

Storage----
    CHP "type" fuels have a short shelf life once opened
    does NOT like sunlight
    does NOT like air
    keeping the fuel sealed in STEEL containers is important for storage
    plastic fuel jugs are the enemy
    plugging the vent on the fuel cell during the week is an advatage
    purchasing the fuel in 5 gal. steel cans rather than 55 gal. drums helps

as ever
    Brad

Burn off with methanol

now your talking chassis stuff and at the end of the day thats what really wins races.

sometimes we lose site of the big picture

burn off would be a downside to methanol but CHP+ will also have an elevated burn off

Quote Originally Posted by brad hibbard View Post
    now your talking chassis stuff and at the end of the day thats what really wins races.

sometimes we lose site of the big picture

burn off would be a downside to methanol but CHP+ will also have an elevated burn off
    Agree. chp doesn't sound like what I want. Im trying sonoco 260gt first, its supposed to compare to vpcrate, I like the person I can get the sonoco from much much better than the vp products.

260GT or 260GT plus---both work well but in the Sunoco line I am really likeing the E15

the 260GTX---is a solid stable fuel but makes NO power

just my thoughts

yes john at jdr is my carb guy and he said avoid the gtx.

e15 may be a good choice, I wonder if it would have much of a increase in burn off? I didn't notice it, sonoco's website with that list of fuels the way it is could be more user friendly in my opinion!

Brad, what is gained by running a 602 on methanol?

Thank You

first off you can reduce your water speed substantially with reduction pulleys "saving" power

the fan itself can be reduced to almost nothing and that "saves" alot of power

the actual increase in power will vary depending on what you were using orginally but from our base line set up the torque numbers are up 20+
    couple that with what you can "save" over a gas set up and its substantial

that is all power numbers but don't forget the chassis-- as stock car pointed out--- your fuel consumption will go up and alky is heavier than gas to start with so you do end up with a different race car at the end of the feature

as ever
    Brad
    Last edited by brad hibbard; 05-27-2015 at 07:33 AM.

So far, all the tests indicate that the Renegade crate fuel makes the most power.