Default Impending Storms in Southeast Force 'Winter Freeze IV' to Postpone

Sylvania Ga - Feb 4th

Due to the already wet conditions & the increasing percentages of impending storms throughout the week and weekend in Southeast Georgia, Screven Motor Sports Complex regretfully will have to postpone ' Winter Freeze IV ' until February 5th-7th 2015 .

" It breaks my heart to have to do this but with the percentages going up by the hour I feel it will save a lot of people a lot of trouble, travel expense & anxiety. With rain predicted for Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday as well, we can`t even see a window of time to get the track in shape to wait out the 60 and 70 percent chance rains they are calling for Friday & Saturday. A wise man told one time that it really means that 60 percent of your people are not coming and the rest will just get wet. We have called our host hotels and told them to please work with anyone that had reserved rooms.

Once again I really regret having to do this but I feel it is for the best. With everyone headed off to Florida , there is not a good date to satisfy everyone, so we will stick to our plan of opening Saturday, April, 5th and will add a Super Late Model event in May or June to satisfy our local fans and bring in The Southern Nationals July 26th with our Annual Rebel Yell weekend. We will race on all four tracks the 1st & 3rd Saturdays of the month, with the exception of July .

Hopefully when you all come back we will have 2,160 more seats and a new tower to officiate the races from as well as and entertaining guests and sponsors. We have a plan for 2015 that will really kick off Georgia-Florida Speedweeks in Grand Fashion, it should be a very exciting weekend on all of our four tracks. The details will be out as soon as we tie up a few loose ends.

Maybe I can get to a few races in Florida and catch up with you all down there. Once again, we are sorry and we thank you all for your support. Come see us when you can in 2014 . "

James ' Bigg Redd ' Griffin

Owner - Screven Motor Sports Complex Sylvania Ga.
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com

Being a race track promotor is not on my bucket list. It's got to be almost as nerve wrecking as being a crop farmer. Mother nature is not always kind to those who have good intentions. Sir you have my respect for the early heads up. With the good Lord willing, and a better weather forcast ,I hope to see you folks in 2015.

Have to protect those crops like your children / Welcome / Travel safely
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com