Thread: R2C Air Filter

Default R2C Air Filter

I am considering getting one of the R2C filters this year. I was just wondering what kind of experience people on here have had with them. Thanks in advance!

We use ours 2 nights a week for the life of the season and than throw it away. We wash it every few weeks with hot water and simple green. Better than having to switch it out every night with a new filter.

I used it last year I liked it washed it after every 2 nights

Ive been running them since 2009. Ive dynode filthy dirty vs new and found no difference so far. I blow mine out with air every few weeks and hose it out once in a while, no soap.

Thanks for the input. I think I will order mine later this week.

I am not sold on them yet,,,,until I can take an air cleaner top and bottom,,spray paint it gloss black on the insides,,and check for dust residue after a dusty race. I am fond of the oil type for trapping dust..2 or 3 hp gain doesn't offset the rings being gutted in one season with grit getting past air cleaner for me.
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    I am not sold on them yet,,,,until I can take an air cleaner top and bottom,,spray paint it gloss black on the insides,,and check for dust residue after a dusty race. I am fond of the oil type for trapping dust..2 or 3 hp gain doesn't offset the rings being gutted in one season with grit getting past air cleaner for me.
    who has gutted rings?

Ive ran the thinnest rings on the market and at freshen 22-25 nights my motors look like new inside.

Ran one last season on the Mod, put 45 nights on it. Blew it out after every race. Had motor rebuilt and it looked like new inside! Talked with R@C rep down at PRI Show to verify how long I should run it, he said 40-45 night and put a new one on it. Im sold on them. 100 bucks, and how much did your motor cost????? I run $15 a qt oil to protect the eng, not going to blink at a 100 filter that can go 45 nights, that thing saved me money!

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

I will NEVER use a K&N style filter on one of my engines again. Once you use one of these and see first hand how clean your carb stays during the year, you will never go back either. I have had mine for 3 yrs on the same engine with no rebuilds...cyl looked great when I tore it down this winter. It still filters like new. I blow it out every once and a while and wash it a couple times a year.

once you run one you will never go back! Have had mine for 2 seasons and have washed it a couple times, air cleaner base is spotless. blow it out and wash your prefilter weakly.
    Getting ready to run a third season with it,super product!!!

Ok,,maybe I will give it a try
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!