Thread: Roof size

Default Roof size

in the imca mod class what roof size would be best for both motor options?

sorry if I worded it weird. so if I go with the open motor is it better to have a longer roof since I don't have a spoiler or is a smaller roof better?

not sure honestly ha ha I'm clearly not a genius on this aero stuff that's y I was asking.

i just put the max width/length roof on mine. sure looks big
    Chris Zogg

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Do you think a 2 inch spoiler is going to be effected by the roof which is 12-18 inches above it at the back?
    Well, If the roof is directing air above the spoiler then No, but if the roof is shaped in a way that directs air to the spoiler instead of over it, then yes it does.

Mount the roof taller in front slopped to the spoiler that would be sure to push air to the spoiler! Sorry I had to! In all there isn't any roof that will direct air to the spoiler unless the spoiler is fairly good sized. Also the roof being flat and sloped forward is going to apply down force over the center/rear of the car son all in all a bigger roof would provide more down force then a smaller one. But is the down force where you want it applied is what you need to think about. The spoiler applies it at the rear of the car. Also the smaller roof will provide less wind resistance and in turn less down force over the center to rear of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Master X View Post
    not sure honestly ha ha I'm clearly not a genius on this aero stuff that's y I was asking.
    max roof and deck both with max rake will do better than the 2in spoiler. i run 5 in but if i could not use one i would build it into the body as much as i could get away with.