Default 2nd gen camaro leaf spring setup

the class im running the rules say no racing springs, is there anything i can do to make them better besides arching them

LR.... turn the #2 spring around, put the end up to the front spring eye, drill a new center bolt hole. The #2 spring is the first spring under the main with the eyes.
    RR.... remove the last spring. This is the shortest one. You can cut the spring off the length of the spring pad if you have to retain all stock hardware.

Set the bite at 60# if the rear is locked. Set the bite to 120# for a open gear. These are starting points.

After the first race, Measure from the top of the rear housing to the bottom of the unibody clip on both sides. If you get more than 1/2 inch sag replace that spring.
    Last edited by DaveBauerSS6; 02-16-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    Gator Engineering

Just curious, is that going to stiffen up the LR? And for the RR I know that's going to make it softer. Overall what's this going to do for the car to make it better?

Yes, Moving the second spring forward and under the front eye will add more drive. Normally the second spring ends several inches back from the eye and you get a lot of spring deflection on the main spring.

Overall..... more forward bite.
    Last edited by DaveBauerSS6; 02-17-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    Gator Engineering

thanks for the advice. and i also ive also been told by making the front wider then the rear its suppose to make the rear follow. how true is this or does it make it worse?

Never heard of the springs being wider in the front. Get on Afco springs tech info on leafs, good reading.
    Gator Engineering

Not the springs, the wheels being wider... like the front end maybe an inch or two wider then the rear

yes wider front wheel track makes car drive better.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.