Default Holley 350 air bleed sizes

Having to install air bleeds in my 350, what is a common size to run? For some reason the inner bleeds have been drilled out completely from a previous owner.

Any info would be much appreciated.... engine is stumbling on its face in high rpm, and am currently running 72 jets without a PV. Exhaust is pretty cold also.

If its on a 2.3 ford i would think 72 is too big a jet, I know a friend of mine has same carb & its got 62s, seems to run good, up to 7500 RPM.

72 size jets are too much for a 4 cylinder. The stumbling is from running too rich and the excess fuel is fouling up the plugs, which means an incomplete burn, leading to colder exhaust temps. Jet down and change your spark plugs, that should help you out.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Also, try a hotter spark plug if it still isn't burning completely after the jet down. We ran into that with our Stock Car last year. Made a world of difference.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

Thanks everybody for the info. It is a stock bottom end with an essy 2270 cam with a solid head with big valves that flows extremely well. Illl try jetting down but arnt you suppose to jet up when your not running a Power Valve?

Technically, but you are running close to normal jet sizes for a V8 motor, the 4 cyl. won't take as much fuel if you think about it, even though it's a 350cfm.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

I ran 72' all day on a 350 with a 3.5 PV, Orange accelerator cam, and 38-40 Degrees Timing on a cold plug, there is a lot to take into consideration, info you haven't provided, get a pin gauge and check your all your bleeds on the metering block and on the top of your carb, your PV bleeds, your squirters, check your timing, and your low speed idle circuit, you can get alot better info that way. I ran 7500 on the 72-74 jets on a 2.3 ford with a 350, and an efi Intake
    Quote Originally Posted by 72Dubya View Post
    Technically, but you are running close to normal jet sizes for a V8 motor, the 4 cyl. won't take as much fuel if you think about it, even though it's a 350cfm.

Well heck, I might(probably) be wrong. If you have worked with a similar thing, you probably know more about it than I do. I will just jump off this post and let you take it from here
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

I'll check my 350 bleeds this weekend and let you know what I find people modify them so much and the 350 came on soooooooooo many street vehicles even back in the 50s

64 jets with the pink cam is the ticket for me

pull over?

Yea im running a spacer in my acc pump so after 1/2 throttle no fuel comes out of the squirter. It kinda sucks though because it runs like crap until i pass 1/2 throttle. Do most of you tune your carb with or without the pullover effect?

There is no point in trying to "Tune" your carb to work with pullover. You need to stop the pullover first. If you are running too large a jet and you have pullover the car must run like crap. Everyone is telling you what works for them which is only going to complicate your problem. You need someone that knows what they are doing to look at your carb (entire engine for that matter) and get it and the rest of the engine working properly. You will only get a bunch of advice here that will cloud the issue. There is alot of good people on here but unless they are with you and the car to see what is happening you are just wasting your time. Find someone at your track that can help you. Good luck.

Heres a shot of the air bleeds. I have some screw ins for them, but I need to find out about what size to drill them. Whats a normal size for high speed air bleeds on a 2.3 with a 350cfm?
    Attached Images Attached Images