Thread: 434 worth it?

Default 434 worth it?

Been doing some research and was wondering if building a 434 is really worth the headache trying to get the 4inch stroke in a block or going with a 383 stroker or something different. It's on a 1/3 semi banked track in a 3000lbs car. Has to be cast iron block and heads but the rest is fair game. Allowed to run 4bbl and roller rockers and aluminum intakes.

Will the track allow you to hook up the power that bad beast gonna make night to night?

That's one of the factors why I didn't go big cube, I run a 1/4 paperclip and we go dry as Heck. Instead I'm reworkin one of the 360's I have.
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

That's kinda why I'm leaning toward the 383 because by the time our class goes out its dry and you can only make so much power stick to the ground. Whys the use to spend that kinda money to get 600-700hp and can't use it

Same work and price to build 434 as 383.

Really? I figured the 434 would cost more to build due to having to get a block that accepts the 4in stroke or the price of the machine shop making the clearance

stock block and a die grinder = 434 or 383 clearance. both need ground about the same. Takes about a hour.

1/3 mile track. id be building a 377. I prefer not to have the long stroke, but would want the bigger cylinders. 3.5x 4.125". or just a 358 c.i.d

I'll takes the cubes all day,,,,my 436 did work last year!

355 is more than enough motor

My philosophy has always been that parts all cost the same..cubic inches are free...

I have done it both ways, cubic inches are harder to hook up. I like the less torque so I can run more gear. won me tons