Default Bert,Brinn,Falcon Transmission, Which one and Why?

Well lets hear what a racers take on transmissions is, I'm going to be lookin for one soon, and unsure of which way I should go,
    Any input would greatly appreciated, thank you,

Try doing a search on this subject. It has been discussed several times before and you may find more info than you will get here. My opinion is any of them work fine. I have owned all three and rebuilt all three and wouldn't hesitate to use any of them.

I've always had Bert's some don't like them. They shift a little harder but they're generally cheaper and give you less drive shaft angle. They're all good. I've had a race gator brinn copy and no issues with it either

I would stay away from the older berts, they had issues popping out of high gear. The newer style are ok. I run a falcon have had no issues and can be found used cheap. Brinn or Gator are ok too. The Brinn is probably the top one, but will run you more used typically. my 2 cents, but again I am happy with the falcon I have and see no reason to switch.

have had all 3 and i will stay with a bert. if you have to they can be pushed off by just grabbing high. you never no when your starter fails had that happen with a brinn and missed the start of a main.

twister you can do the exact same thing w/ the brinn and falcon if the starter goes out.

I repair all of them and taken care of they will all work very well and last a long time. the brinn has the best resell value for a reason the bert is the most common . the race gator I'm still waiting to see how they hold up from machining Chines casting's I would say they will not last due to the low quality.

If you take care of them, they all will last. we winch into the trailer and change fluid regularly. We run a Falcon, have no issues, easy to rebuild. Dont be afraid of a used one, just open the side plate and make sure the gears arent torn up. The clutches are like 100.00 for new and easy to change.

Dave.
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

I own two Falcons, one in my modified and one in my late model, but my next one will be a Brinn. I recently drove a friend's car with a Brinn and it was MUCH easier to shift and operate. I have no real complaints with my Falcons, and have rebuilt them both at least twice, but I want a Brinn next. Another thing you have to consider is a Bert is two inches shorter than all the rest, so you have to buy a 2" longer driveshaft.

Thanks for all of the info, very helpful, thank you, dan

If you need further information, don't hesitate to call us. We also pride ourselves on our customer service as well as our reliable made in the USA products. Thank you! Bob