Default drive shaft question

Has anyone tested a carbon fiber drive shaft against a steel shaft on a chassis dyno? Currious if it is worth the money? I have one in my possession and compared the weight and it was 4.2lbs difference. I assumed that it would be a lot more difference in weight. So how many ponies am I loosing with the steel? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtslinger71 View Post
    Has anyone tested a carbon fiber drive shaft against a steel shaft on a chassis dyno? Currious if it is worth the money? I have one in my possession and compared the weight and it was 4.2lbs difference. I assumed that it would be a lot more difference in weight. So how many ponies am I loosing with the steel? Thanks.
    As far as I'm concerned, it's more of a safety issue than a performance issue. There's an obvious advantage of lowering the rotating weight but I'd use CF regardless.

I would be interested in seeing the dyno difference between the two as well. I'm looking to get a CF driveshaft later this year.

I dont know the dyno difference but the spinning weight in the biggest part. Not the 4 pound difference. And the safety side is huge as well.