Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    so you own a clumsy mongrel but you are still a jacka$$
    What a fum ducker! Lol
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

and you are a stupid a$$

You got your fum up yours... Lol Wildly!!!

-Scott Bloomquist

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Funny and typed well..........got to give you credit there.

But one time in a row is not a trend.

And to truly be honest with ourselves, can you really not give credit to any guy ( or girl) for having the ballzz and skillz to run 220+ mph in tight quarters around a track that is known to sneak up and bite you........for 500 miles..........and not wreck??

I'm no Busch fan, but I'm a fan of giving credit where it is due.
    Absolutely right, BBQ. The only point I continue to stress is that it isn't the first time and definitely isn't the best finish by a stock car drivers' 1st time in the 500. It was a solid effort by buschy but not quite in a class with what Allison did against better drivers who were in their prime at a time when the Indy Cars were by far the toughest game in town.

Montoya and Hornish were not stock car drivers who won the Indy 500, they were Indy Car drivers who won the 500 and then went to driving stock cars. Big difference.

All the guys and girl who've made the jump over to NASCAR from Indy Cars went for the $$$$$. That includes stewy. Don't $hit yourself, stewy would give his left gonad to win the Indy 500 and it would be the biggest win of his career, by far.

there you go you said it indy is second class ran by a bunch second drivers congrats of finally figuring out , If Indy didn't have the 500 they would be on life support if NASCAR lost the brickyard it would just be another race off the schedule it would hurt but not near as bad as the open wheel guys

Nowhere did I say Indy was second class.

The Indy 500 draws a larger crowd than any taxi cab race that's ever been run. It's very much alive and doing just fine. LOL @ U!!!!!

not. indy but indy car as a sanction big differnce

there you go you said it indy is second class ran by a bunch second drivers congrats of finally figuring out , If Indy didn't have the 500 they would be on life support if NASCAR lost the brickyard it would just be another race off the schedule it would hurt but not near as bad as the open wheel guys
    Dead straight on.! Nailed him.! Great job.!!!!!
    Only thing worse then Indy car series is the Indy car Lights.Former Pizza delivery drivers in an open wheel car.Trying to convince some big buck sponsor to pony the cash up so the driver MIGHT make it as a semi truck driver.LOL
    Steve Anderson Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by sasteveo023 View Post
    Dead straight on.! Nailed him.! Great job.!!!!!
    Only thing worse then Indy car series is the Indy car Lights.Former Pizza delivery drivers in an open wheel car.Trying to convince some big buck sponsor to pony the cash up so the driver MIGHT make it as a semi truck driver.LOL
    Yep, not much else can be said.DING DING winner winner.
    Randy Southord

Where and for what event draws the largest 1 day crowd for a sporting event. Why that would be the Indianapolis 500. It has been such for a very long time.

Who do all those hundreds of thousands of spectators come to see? Why it's Indy Car drivers, of course.

Has there ever been a taxi cab driver win the Indy 500? Why no, of course not.

Has there ever been an Indy Car driver win the biggest taxi cab race of them all, The Daytona 500? Why yes, of course there has. Twice as a matter of fact.

There are the facts and they can't be altered or diminished to suit ones personal point of view and opinion.

You're entitled to your own opinions but you're not entitled to your own version of the facts.

Now, please feel free to continue posting stupidity and I will feel free to continue to make light of said stupidity. Hehehehehe!!

You Go CIRF dude!! You Go!!!

-Scott Bloomquist

Phil

CIRF your to funny,remember our conversation last winter, once again your the one changing facts to suit your self, laughing at you.

Actually , I think the indy 500 was won by a former taxi cab driver one time .

In one of the greatest saves of all time, Danny Sullivan spun it and won it back in the mid 80s and I'm pretty sure that somewhere along the way he was a cab driver pre race fame.......or at least that's what the spin on him was( no pun intended)

Whatever the case, it's absurd to think that somebody could hang on to a bucket of bolts doing anywhere from 185 to 225 for 500 miles and not wreck anybody , finish in a decent position and not be considered a pretty good driver.

There isn't a single one amongst us ( well maybe a few) that would or could dare ever do that and make it to the end without a dnf.( or worse)

Give the boy some credit( Busch)......... He is /was a d head, he is arrogant, he isn't very friendly except with his inner circle, but he can drive a car......he finished 6 th out of 33 at the biggest race in the world for goodness sake.

As far as the real driver and driving skills involved in winning a grueling race in the equation on that pre memorial Sunday race day , hands down it was the driver that won the Grand Prix of Monaco.......anybody know who that was ????( without cheating and looking it up).......there is your winning driver of the day my friends.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by retired racer View Post
    CIRF your to funny,remember our conversation last winter, once again your the one changing facts to suit your self, laughing at you.
    Wow are you saying that some of his information may be flawed.???? Say it is not so.The earth may stand still if so. I have my Seat belt on just in case.

cirf forgets about foyt

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Actually , I think the indy 500 was won by a former taxi cab driver one time .

In one of the greatest saves of all time, Danny Sullivan spun it and won it back in the mid 80s and I'm pretty sure that somewhere along the way he was a cab driver pre race fame.......or at least that's what the spin on him was( no pun intended)

Whatever the case, it's absurd to think that somebody could hang on to a bucket of bolts doing anywhere from 185 to 225 for 500 miles and not wreck anybody , finish in a decent position and not be considered a pretty good driver.

There isn't a single one amongst us ( well maybe a few) that would or could dare ever do that and make it to the end without a dnf.( or worse)

Give the boy some credit( Busch)......... He is /was a d head, he is arrogant, he isn't very friendly except with his inner circle, but he can drive a car......he finished 6 th out of 33 at the biggest race in the world for goodness sake.

As far as the real driver and driving skills involved in winning a grueling race in the equation on that pre memorial Sunday race day , hands down it was the driver that won the Grand Prix of Monaco.......anybody know who that was ????( without cheating and looking it up).......there is your winning driver of the day my friends.
    I digress and believe you to once again be correct, BBQB. I think I've also heard that "Spin & Win" Danny Sullivan, the winner of the 1985 Indianapolis 500, in fact did drive a taxi cab as his primary source of income for a time prior to his sports car and Indy Car days. I believe Bennie Parson also drove a taxi cab for a living prior to his glory days driving them on a race track.

BBQB, I said in a previous post that a 6th was a good finish for a guy never having driven an Indy Car. But, once again, it's not quite as good as a predecessor or possibly two with similar circumstances and driving history. I truly believe that is credit where credit is due and I never have said that buschy is not an above average driver. I just refuse to get all carried away about it when it's been done better by someone else.

In reference to the winning driver at Monoco, I can't tell you who that was and he may well be the most talented driver to race on Memorial Day Weekend as you say. I would tend to believe you to probably be right 'cause you generally know the facts prior to posting, unlike some others posting in this thread. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I digress and believe you to once again be correct, BBQB. I think I've also heard that "Spin & Win" Danny Sullivan, the winner of the 1985 Indianapolis 500, in fact did drive a taxi cab as his primary source of income for a time prior to his sports car and Indy Car days. I believe Bennie Parson also drove a taxi cab for a living prior to his glory days driving them on a race track.

BBQB, I said in a previous post that a 6th was a good finish for a guy never having driven an Indy Car. But, once again, it's not quite as good as a predecessor or possibly two with similar circumstances and driving history. I truly believe that is credit where credit is due and I never have said that buschy is not an above average driver. I just refuse to get all carried away about it when it's been done better by someone else.

In reference to the winning driver at Monoco, I can't tell you who that was and he may well be the most talented driver to race on Memorial Day Weekend as you say. I would tend to believe you to probably be right 'cause you generally know the facts prior to posting, unlike some others posting in this thread. LOL!
    Including you it seems.LOL
    Steve Anderson Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post

My favorite nascar driver of all time is Bobby Allison, never was a huge fan of Donnie because of the baggage and hard living,but looking back now I would have to say that although Bobby won more grand national events , Donny was probably the best driver( overall ) of the two when it comes down to just driving about anything he sat in.

When Donnie ran indy, I was. Totally rooting for him because of the Allison affiliation.....

Again , not a bush fan( he or his brother) but for that crazy bastard to hang on for 500 miles at two and a quarter and not park it in the fence is pretty impressive........

I'm not sure , but am guessing when Donny ran indy( against MUCH better competition) he was probably averaging in the 170/180s............

Just trips me out when people call all of these guys today that run indy a bunch of taxi cab drivers that have no talent........ 225 mph is almost a third as fast as the speed of sound people.

For 500 contained miles on a 2 mile oval sitting on a gigantic methanol fuel tank....call it whatever you want, but talent has to be a contributing factor of survival.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????