Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sasteveo023 View Post
    Including you it seems.LOL
    Dead on.!!!!!
    Randy Southord

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    My favorite nascar driver of all time is Bobby Allison, never was a huge fan of Donnie because of the baggage and hard living,but looking back now I would have to say that although Bobby won more grand national events , Donny was probably the best driver( overall ) of the two when it comes down to just driving about anything he sat in.

When Donnie ran indy, I was. Totally rooting for him because of the Allison affiliation.....

Again , not a bush fan( he or his brother) but for that crazy bastard to hang on for 500 miles at two and a quarter and not park it in the fence is pretty impressive........

I'm not sure , but am guessing when Donny ran indy( against MUCH better competition) he was probably averaging in the 170/180s............

Just trips me out when people call all of these guys today that run indy a bunch of taxi cab drivers that have no talent........ 225 mph is almost a third as fast as the speed of sound people.

For 500 contained miles on a 2 mile oval sitting on a gigantic methanol fuel tank....call it whatever you want, but talent has to be a contributing factor of survival.
    Once again BBQ I have never said buschy doesn't have a wealth of talent and I won't rehash the point I've stressed several times. If you truly believe what buschy did this year is more impressive than what Donnie Allison and maybe a couple of others did coming from NASCAR for the first time to run Indy then we have differing opinions. I would only say this that Donnie's numbers at Indy support my point and to imply that what buschy did this year was more impressive requires a degree of speculation.

I looked it up and the Pole speed for the 1970 Indy 500 was 170.221 mph set by Al Unser Sr. Donnie qualified at 165.662 mph which awarded him the 23rd starting position which put him in the middle of the 8th row. That makes his accomplishment in his first 500 even more impressive.

BBQ, would you not agree that 165 to 170 qualifying speeds and race speeds probably around 160-162 mph (race average was 155 and change) might have been just as frightening as 225 is today. There were very little ground effects, no wings front or rear, slick tires were not yet allowed.

With today's chassis technology, tire technology and advancements in safety equipment and fire prevention both in the pits and on board the cars, I gotta' believe running 170 mph 44 years ago was no less frightening or difficult than 225 mph is today.

I've heard Foyt say that the earlier rear engine cars were demons and even scared him some. And we all know Foyt was fearless. Most of those guys from that era walk with a limp because of those cars. Rick Mears, who I consider the best that has ever drove the rear engine cars on ovals, has horrible scars and a distinct limp from the evil doings of a rear engine Indy Car.

BBQ, as usual it's fun to discuss some of these topics with you even when we disagree. You have always been knowledgeable, insightful and respectful with me and that counts for plenty!

Yes.....I would agree with you on all counts.

These guys that get on here and say how simple it is and un talented these current indy car guys are is just laughable.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Yes.....I would agree with you on all counts.

These guys that get on here and say how simple it is and un talented these current indy car guys are is just laughable.
    Amen, nuff said!

Life is hard...........it's even harder when you stupid.

John Wayne.

and life must be really hard for you

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    and life must be really hard for you
    Not near as hard as a loud thud on a cold St. Louis sidewalk........

thats getting f'n old guess you ran out of insult material

thats getting f'n old guess you ran out of insult material
    When a guy just trips over his own two feet and then gets on here and talks about how he has lawyered up and getting ready to sue the city because of his complete ineptness ,that story lingers on and on and on...........a lot like those chili dog stains linger on every single one of your wife beater tshirts and every pair of your size 54 waist white painters pants........

Kinda loosely Reminds me of a little diddy by Tim McGraw.....( as sung to " something like that)

Litey had a chili dog stain on his wife beater shirt, he was killing me when he hit the dirt.....fallin down by the river in the show me state.....he had a red mark where he busted that azz, then lawyered up to sue real fast ......an old fart don't forget something like that.

Look if you don't want them ( the insults) tossed back, then don't throw them in the first place....simple.
    Last edited by Barbecueboy; 06-09-2014 at 02:26 PM.

The website won't let me give you a greeny at this point BBQB but you deserve one for that post so I'll make it public here.

I would only add that some guys' sole ambition in posting here seems to be to follow other people around wasting time attempting (with the emphasis on attempting) to insult what people post. Most here are folks that post to be engaged in legitimate discourse. It becomes increasingly difficult to ignore the stupidity or to refrain from pointing out said stupidity and calling it what it is. Responding only lowers one to their level but sometimes it's necessary.
    Last edited by CIRF; 06-09-2014 at 01:56 PM.

get some new bbq or you go on the ignore list. and citf does. someone have be the first in this the daily double. kurt trorf it this. and the rest. are csndy a$$es

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The website won't let me give you a greeny at this point BBQB but you deserve one for that post so I'll make it public here.

I would only add that some guys' sole ambition in posting here seems to be to follow other people around wasting time attempting (with the emphasis on attempting) to insult what people post. Most here are folks that post to be engaged in legitimate discourse. It becomes increasingly difficult to ignore the stupidity or to refrain from pointing out said stupidity and calling it what it is. Responding only lowers one to their level but sometimes it's necessary.
    And down right funny too!!!!!

good bye bbq

good bye bbq
    Adios..........

you say somethong d bag

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

you say somethong d bag
    He did, but you wouldn't understand! Lol
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

Disturbance in Aisle 3!!! Security needed immediately. Please send the Troll Patrol !!!