Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I might be compltly wrong but I think HMS has Tony's team doing a lot of the testing for the entire group right now. love him or hate him he's a wheelman above most and can drive just about anything and the last time he looked this bad he won the championship with or without nascars help. something has to be going on for DP and kevin to run so well and tony to sux so bad out of the 8 cars the 14 and the 5 have the worst average compared to ther norm.

I know other nascar driver ran well at indy back in the day but the cars of today are nothing like each other and for kurt to do as well as he did in a one off deal(unlike WM's who had a couple tune up races) he11 AJ and mario won in both series. I wonder if andretti is using Kurt as a source to get the info and conections he needs to get his cup team started? you can bet he has something motivating him to do this deal.$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    Coming from a guy who's right there after everything I post!! Troll??? He's now the biggest one on 4m...
    you are still a douche bag and I don't tony is under full power from that wreck hey CIRF AT LEAST Kurt doesn't speak broken english like most of the indy boys do
    Last edited by LITE-INN; 05-28-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    I might be compltly wrong but I think HMS has Tony's team doing a lot of the testing for the entire group right now. love him or hate him he's a wheelman above most and can drive just about anything and the last time he looked this bad he won the championship with or without nascars help. something has to be going on for DP and kevin to run so well and tony to sux so bad out of the 8 cars the 14 and the 5 have the worst average compared to ther norm.

I know other nascar driver ran well at indy back in the day but the cars of today are nothing like each other and for kurt to do as well as he did in a one off deal(unlike WM's who had a couple tune up races) he11 AJ and mario won in both series. I wonder if andretti is using Kurt as a source to get the info and conections he needs to get his cup team started? you can bet he has something motivating him to do this deal.$$$$

Had not thought of that angle.....food for thought..

Most speak broken English? LOLOL!!! Hmmmmm.

There were 11 Americans in the field for the Indy 500 and a several Canadians, British and Australians. All of whom speak better English than you do. Please, for God's sake know what you're talking about.

In regards to Mario, A.J., Hurtubise (Hurtubise won a Cup, or Grand National race at Atlanta) and maybe a few others, they were all three open wheel guys that went over to NASCAR and beat the taxi cab boys at their own game on their own tracks. It's never happened the other way around in reference to The Indy 500, at least not since WWII.

All I'm saying is what buschy did at Indy is nothing new or earth shattering. People are talking like it was some super human feat and it's been done even better by a couple of guys. Donnie Allison just to name one. And, buschy didn't outrun 95% of the starting field, to do that he would have had to run 3rd or better.

CIRF has spoken,the rest of you idiots be silent he knows all,or at least pretends to ,i'm laughing at you.

Offer credible evidence that anything I've written in post #44 is not fact and I will quickly concede I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'll be waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Most speak broken English? LOLOL!!! Hmmmmm.There were 11 Americans in the field for the Indy 500 and a several Canadians, British and Australians. All of whom speak better English than you do. Please, for God's sake know what you're talking about.In regards to Mario, A.J., Hurtubise (Hurtubise won a Cup, or Grand National race at Atlanta) and maybe a few others, they were all three open wheel guys that went over to NASCAR and beat the taxi cab boys at their own game on their own tracks. It's never happened the other way around in reference to The Indy 500, at least not since WWII.All I'm saying is what buschy did at Indy is nothing new or earth shattering. People are talking like it was some super human feat and it's been done even better by a couple of guys. Donnie Allison just to name one. And, buschy didn't outrun 95% of the starting field, to do that he would have had to run 3rd or better.
    By a couple. He finished 6th in his first Indy race. At that it was the 500. Stop acting like it's some small feat.

Each individual has to decide for themselves how big a deal buschy's performance in The Indy 500 was. I really don't care who thinks it was a monumental achievement or who thinks otherwise.

All I'm saying it's been done before and even better (Donnie Allison finished 4th and was rookie of the year) during an era when open wheel drivers in America were the cream of the crop and at the forefront of auto racing interest and NASCAR was a regional series and somewhat of an afterthought nationally.

In the 500 that Allison finished 4th were some of the best drivers in the history of auto racing and they were in their PRIME! Guys like Al Unser Sr., A.J. Foyt, Mario Andretti, Johnny Rutherford, Bobby Unser, Mark Donohue, Dan Gurney, Loyd Ruby, Joe Leonard and several more that I'm not remembering. buschy couldn't carry the helmet bag of any one of the aforementioned drivers and those were the guys Allison was competing against.

Castroneves and Montoya are the only 2 in the 2014 race that could even be mentioned in the same breath as the nine guys mentioned above and even that would be a bit of a stretch.

I'm still waiting.

Each individual has to decide for themselves how big a deal buschy's performance in The Indy 500 was. I really don't care who thinks it was a monumental achievement or who thinks otherwise.

All I'm saying it's been done before and even better (Donnie Allison finished 4th and was rookie of the year) during an era when open wheel drivers in America were the cream of the crop and at the forefront of auto racing interest and NASCAR was a regional series and somewhat of an afterthought nationally.

In the 500 that Allison finished 4th were some of the best drivers in the history of auto racing and they were in their PRIME! Guys like Al Unser Sr., A.J. Foyt, Mario Andretti, Johnny Rutherford, Bobby Unser, Mark Donohue, Dan Gurney, Loyd Ruby, Joe Leonard and several more that I'm not remembering. buschy couldn't carry the helmet bag of any one of the aforementioned drivers and those were the guys Allison was competing against.

Castroneves and Montoya are the only 2 in the 2014 race that could even be mentioned in the same breath as the nine guys mentioned above and even that would be a bit of a stretch.

I'm still waiting.
    first of all why is montoya back in indy cars he sucked in NASCAR , the drivers you mention in the above where the big time drivers of that period NASCAR drivers were not even thought of and most of those drivers ran all classes not just one but how many of those drivers ran indy and charlotte on the same day now that is a feat also but the real question how many drivers from Indy of today would run a NASCAR very few if any

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    real good only 13 cars were running at the end

There again you need to know what you're talking about. Allison did do the double in 1970!! He completed all 1,100 miles, too.

The World 600 was run on May 24, 1970 and was won by who?! Why it was none other than the 4th place finisher in the Indy 500 Donnie Allison.

The Indy 500 was run six days later on Saturday May 30, 1970.

It's just a little tough to compete in both races in one day when they're run 6 days apart. LOL @ u!!

Donnie made some serious money in less than a week!! If memory serves me the 1970 Indy 500 was the first auto race in history to boast a $1,000,000.00 purse. Allison started the 500 way back in 23rd position, too.

Now, tell me again which taxi cab driver has the most impressive performance in The Greatest Spectacle In Racing?

LOL!!! I thought so.

but which Indy has done both Foyt and co doesn't count because they ran all classes
    Last edited by LITE-INN; 05-31-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Huh?!!!!!!

I'm just glad to see another one of nascar guys step outside of their realm. Busch also tried drag racing a few years back, don't think he ever qualified but still he gave it shot.

They blow these nascar guys up to be "greatest drivers in the world" but rarely step out and show their talent. Not their fault though, all about the sponsors trying to protect their driver. I remember hearing that Hendrick wanted Schrader to give up dirt back when he drove for him for that reason. Imo that's stupid, I give more respect to the guys who go out and try this stuff regardless of their result.

I seen highlights of the 600. That place looked like a ghost town. I used to attend that race and it was always slammed with people. It looked to me like there wasn't a soul on the back side sitting.

I think some like living in the past and won't give Kurt Busch credit and zyoung25 you can say the about the Indy boys

There again you need to know what you're talking about. Allison did do the double in 1970!! He completed all 1,100 miles, too.

The World 600 was run on May 24, 1970 and was won by who?! Why it was none other than the 4th place finisher in the Indy 500 Donnie Allison.

The Indy 500 was run six days later on Saturday May 30, 1970.

It's just a little tough to compete in both races in one day when they're run 6 days apart. LOL @ u!!

Donnie made some serious money in less than a week!! If memory serves me the 1970 Indy 500 was the first auto race in history to boast a $1,000,000.00 purse. Allison started the 500 way back in 23rd position, too.

Now, tell me again which taxi cab driver has the most impressive performance in The Greatest Spectacle In Racing?

LOL!!! I thought so.
    fact check john andretti was the first in 94 to do the double on the same day only 4 have attempted. back in 70 when donnie did so well the races were NOT on the same day. John A,Robby G, Tony S, and Kurt B. back in the 70's I'm not sure it would be possible to even try the money was not their to cover the high cost of flying back and forth so much. I would like to see nascar change back to running on monday so other could try from both series he11 it might be good for both series.

and the names like andretti and foyt keep popping up I wish that foyt would a nascar driver in his instead his his drivers he has right now

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    fact check john andretti was the first in 94 to do the double on the same day only 4 have attempted. back in 70 when donnie did so well the races were NOT on the same day. John A,Robby G, Tony S, and Kurt B. back in the 70's I'm not sure it would be possible to even try the money was not their to cover the high cost of flying back and forth so much. I would like to see nascar change back to running on monday so other could try from both series he11 it might be good for both series.
    Please read post #52 again, I said the 2 races in 1970 weren't on the same day.

The thread turned into a discussion of buschy doing so well in the 500 and that's correct up to a point. I merely pointed out that NASCAR drivers have done better than buschy in the 500 in the past even when the masters of The Speedway were in their prime. This fact has nothing to do with driving in both races in one day.

We were at the 500 and buschy never, ever got even a sniff at the lead, they kept wreckin' and havin' problems in front of him (see Ed Carpenter, James Hinchcliffe, Townsend Bell and Scott Dixon) and he got a 6th. Was he the 6th fastest guy? Not by several positions.

The Indy 500 has always been run first since they put lights at Charlotte so the guys that do the double will be fresh for the 500 and not so much for the 600. My point? If the miles of racing are going to take their toll then it is far more apt to show in the 600.

I looked and found no evidence that the World 600 was ever scheduled for Monday. I might have not researched that claim 100% but I found nowhere that indicated that was ever the case.

if you wreck you lose quite simple you have to first finish before you can finish first I thiink something that jack hewitt and kyle larson did at Eldora dwarfs any thing the nascar or indy guys did