Thread: E98 Help

Default E98 Help

I've been burning E98 in my 2.3 ford. I tuned it in at the dyno and it ran perfect. But when I got to the track as soon as the car would roll in the turn it would start stuttering. It clears up on turn exit. I tried jetting down and jetting up and nothing seems to help. The harder I run in the turn the worse it is. It's a 5200 Holley/Weber. D-4 head and D-4 intake. I have the water passage blocked off in the intake and I was thinking maybe that was causing the stuttering. My thoughts are that the E98 runs so much cooler that with the intake not heated it's causing the fuel to puddle up on the floor of the intake and when the car rolls over in the turns it dumps the fuel into the head. I'm thinking that a heated intake might help. What do you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Blue 32 View Post
    I've been burning E98 in my 2.3 ford. I tuned it in at the dyno and it ran perfect. But when I got to the track as soon as the car would roll in the turn it would start stuttering. It clears up on turn exit. I tried jetting down and jetting up and nothing seems to help. The harder I run in the turn the worse it is. It's a 5200 Holley/Weber. D-4 head and D-4 intake. I have the water passage blocked off in the intake and I was thinking maybe that was causing the stuttering. My thoughts are that the E98 runs so much cooler that with the intake not heated it's causing the fuel to puddle up on the floor of the intake and when the car rolls over in the turns it dumps the fuel into the head. I'm thinking that a heated intake might help. What do you guys think.
    I believe what you're seeing is an uncovered main jet for the barrel closest to the driver's side. You can raise the float level some to see if that helps, tilt the carb with an angled spacer, or relocate the main jet to solve that problem...

I don't think I'm uncovering the main jet. Same car on same track with fuel level the same on race gas works fine. It acts like its loading up.

What kind of fuel pressure are you running?
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

5.5 pounds with a holley black electric fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. It's the same pressure we ran at the dyno.