Default What size brake hoses??

what size brake hoses should i run -3 or -4? ive run 3/16 line to all four corners but do not know which size hoses to use, how much will it change brake psi between the two? thanks

Either works , I think most brake people recommend -3 , most cars I work on come to me with -4 .

Not sure how much PSI change it will be, but if you run a class that doesn't allow brake bias adjusters you can run bigger lines in to the front brakes and smaller to the rear to get more PSI to the rear. Another thing I just thought of is you could run bigger brake line to the RF to help it turn. Probably won't be a big differnece in PSI but might be enough to make a difference in handling.

Quote Originally Posted by MM90 View Post
    Not sure how much PSI change it will be, but if you run a class that doesn't allow brake bias adjusters you can run bigger lines in to the front brakes and smaller to the rear to get more PSI to the rear. Another thing I just thought of is you could run bigger brake line to the RF to help it turn. Probably won't be a big differnece in PSI but might be enough to make a difference in handling.

Not being a butt hole but line size is part of the confined space and flow may be dictated through line size but not Pressure.
    Pascal's law or the principle of transmission of fluid-pressure is a principle in fluid mechanics that states that pressure exerted anywhere in a confined incompressible fluid is transmitted equally in all directions throughout the fluid such that the pressure variations (initial differences) remain the same

twizted
    you beat me to it

so what your saying is the only way to increase pressure is by changing the MC's or caliper bore size? The lines in between the 2 do not matter?

Line size will not control final realized pressure at the pad. A small brake line that is to small will act as an orifice to restrict flow but will build the same final pressure. If you use a 1" brake line for example you could get more flow but final pressure will be the same.
    If you drill a tiny hole in a bucket of water it will leak out slowly but it will all leak out. The fluid will flow slowly through a restriction but will get through it till pressure is equalized in the confined space.

This will help explain
    http://www.brighthubengineering.com/...of-hydraulics/
    Last edited by twizted; 03-13-2014 at 06:10 AM.

Oh crap yea I forgot about that. My bad...