Default keep mud off under the car

what do you use to keep the mud off the alm sides and frame during a heat race when the track is muddy. I know of baby oil and mud off, but leaves a film as is hard to wash the car weekly, any one try teflon coating?

some people use the heavy plastic type tarp material under the deck at the rear tires the mud dont really stick to it an it just falls off while going around the track. it sure saves alot of scraping in the pits.

They sell the tarps now with velcro kit. I'm lining the underside of my decking with some plastic this year. More for protecting the decking since after one season the center of the outside panels above the tires are all bowed up and dented from the dirt and debris. Maybe it will keep some of the dirt from sticking along with using Mud Off.

Default mud sticking to decking,

Quote Originally Posted by MM90 View Post
    They sell the tarps now with velcro kit. I'm lining the underside of my decking with some plastic this year. More for protecting the decking since after one season the center of the outside panels above the tires are all bowed up and dented from the dirt and debris. Maybe it will keep some of the dirt from sticking along with using Mud Off.
    where do I go to find the velco and the tarp. thanks

Walmart sells Velcro siscors and tarps.

Motor state/allstar has a kit.

I used standard blue tarp, cut it to fit and then use the 2 sided carpet tape to attach it. It worked really good and never had an issue. I won't lie I stole the idea from Scott James. He told me about when he was parked next to me at the Knoxville Nationals.