Default No start, need help...

My buddy has a ford 2.3L that has NO spark no matter what we try,I rewired it all identical to my car, have tried 3 coils, 3 coil wires, 4 modules, 2 TFI distributors, on/off switch is NEW, it has juice up to the module plug. One coil & module are mine (known good), the 2nd dist was from a running car. Cranks all day, once in a great while it gets a very weak spark but quickly loses it. New cap/rotor look good. TFI is grounded, solid motor mounts (welded) could we still possibly need to ground the block? Does the coil need to be grounded (other than the mounting bracket)? At a loss & need ideas, NOTHING were doing is working. Thanks for any help.

make sure where the dist. fits in the block is clean ,,it needs ground there,,,

Well try that thanks.

Had a car doing the exact same thing. Tried everything like you did. Finally changed the plug that goes to the module and it fixed the problem. The power wire in the plug was not making contact in the module plug in. Maybe this will help.

Thanks TM44, its a new plug from autozone but their parts are of marginal quality at best IMO...

Shot in the dark, aux drive shaft? With the cap off is the rotor turning?

He lives an hr from me, so I have passed along all suggestions. But when it cranks it is getting plenty of fuel (mech. pump).