Default GM604 Bee-Hive Spring bulletin

Since the introduction of the new Bee-Hive valve spring we have had very few failures and all known failures were due to incorrect installation or rocker arm interference.

the new dependability of the retrofit kit has possibly made us all somewhat negligent in the under the valve cover maintenance area (myself included)

we recently recieved our first report of a broken spring

it was broken at the very top and still was in operation but a more serious failure was soon to happen had it not been discovered.

this should serve as a wake up call to simply take a look under the valve covers on a regular basis and as always pay special attention to the keepers and now the spring itself.

the broken spring is being sent to us for inspection and we will post pictures at that time

this should in NO way create a notion that there is a lurking problem with the new bee-hive sytem only that normal maintenance practices should be used------we have sold over 300 sets of the valve springs and like I said earlier this is the FIRST failure that I know of that has no explanation.

our website is down for new construction but I can be reached by e mail or phone if you have a question or problem

Brad
    brad@race-1.com
    330-540-7223

New to crate racing I have a new 604 how long will the beehive spring last

Thanks

It has not been in use long enough to give you an accurate answer but I can say this---------

engines that we had come back in for freshen during the off season that had the "new style" spring installed ----showed very little intake valve wear and did not need the springs replaced

one of these had 40 nights of racing at 6800 and this particular customer used to change springs every 5 to 8 nights

Brad

Thumbs up

Thank you for the info