Thread: Radiators

Default Radiators

What radiator have you guys had the best luck with in your modifieds on gas? I have tried a few with good results. Just wondered how the different brands cool and hold up for everyone.

Fsr triple pass keeps out motor running cool with no shroud.

What temp does it stay at? Have you tried a double pass or always used a triple pass? Just curious.

i always had over heating problems until i switched to a afco or prc double pass radiator. and also a 19" fan is very important. once i got the 19" fan and got the spacing correct, I believe 1 1/2" away from radiator, i never had anymore heating issues and i dont run a shroud. The highest my temp has gotten was 210 at Eldora, and as soon as the race was over it went down driving back to the pits. Hope this helps

Just a single pass afco, Stewart stage 3 water pump w/o a restictor or thermostat, also make sure you have the 442 fan and clean the radiator out every 2-3 races. Take it and soak it in a pool, push it up and down in the pool and keep repeating until the water is clear.

Afco single or double pass pass, stewart stage 3 pump, we run a gutted themostat(why? because we always have), and a 19" 4 blade GM fan and a shroud kit from Summit.

ran this setup on a 602, 604, limited, and an open motor. Even on the hottest days we never touched 215, and on most nights it ran 190-200. Didnt make a difference if we had a single or double pass rad in the car. The Fan and shroud do wonders.