Thread: Nose hight

Default Nose hight

How high do you mount the nose off the ground? I have mine 9 inches off the ground on the right side and 6 on the left and it looks like it will still dig in under compression. For once I don't want the corner of the nose all jagged up so any help would be appreciated.

My nose is mounted around 11.5-12" on the right side, and I think around 8-9 on the left. I also have a home made valance (just a piece of plastic riveted on the edge of the nose) that's around 3" lower tapering to nothing on the right side.

My car doesn't nose over a whole lot, but our track can get mighty rough, and I'd rather have a little extra clearance and a nose left at the end of the night.
    Here's my little home on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AmickRacing
    Home Page
    http://www.AmickRacing.com

It is going to depend on how much your car noses over. 12" should be safe for most people.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Tough question to reply to. Do you brake alot? Are you on any bumpstops? Are you limiting suspension movement? All chassis's roll differently. My suggestion is to talk to guys who have a similar chassis, mount it high and use a valance to adjust after looking for drag.

we always match the bottom or the bumper to the bottom of the nose,the bumper wont dig in so that should be safe,then use some plastic or lower valence to get it as close to the ground as you want

Here is the thing. The nose is mounted to the very bottom of the bumper (it cant be any lower) and if I cut the valence off all the way it would be 9 right and 6 left. My issue is I don't think the bumper is high enough so I am at the point of making a new bumper that is higher up so the nose can be mounted higher. As far as how much it dives I don't know its a new car with a whole new shock package we haven't ran it yet. Yes it has a rf bump stop and it is a dominator nose.

Wouldn't it be easier to just move the mounts on the chassis up some (assuming it is a round tube bumper that slides into a round tube mount)? Of course at some point things can get so out of alignment that the bumper wouldn't have much structural integrity if you run into the rear of someone.

im like mastersbuilt 10- 12 inches is where i see most cars on the rf,down to 4 inches on the lf is what we do

On our masters we had about 5 years back we started at 6 on the left and 9 on the right and went to 8 and 11 the second night out. We made our lower nose support out of the top lid of an amuminum diamond plate tool box. Never folded the nose again.

No on our shaw we have 6 on the left and 9 on the right as that matches the bumper, same style aluminum diamond plate nose support and the only problem we have now is when we have to make out loop out of corner four to head back to the pits through the infield you might scoop up some mud. but sometimes we need it for the scale

I forgot to add, we measure from our valance down, not the top of the valance where the nose meets it.
    Last edited by rubbinsracin; 03-27-2014 at 10:02 AM.