Thread: tire pressure

Default tire pressure

I'm running a metric chassis 80's style 3400lbs. How much air pressure should I run in the rf so it don't roll of the bead. Track changed rules this year with only rr beadlock allowed. 8" American racers. Roughly 18 degree banking.

I ran 20psi in the RF with no beadlock at 3200lbs.

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

We run 10" Hoosier asphalt pulloffs on a 8" rim with no beadlocks, RF 14 and up, RR 6 and up with no roll offs on Bart and Aero rims the tire gains about 3 psi from cold to hot on a med to high backed 3/8 track at minimum 3,000 to 3,350 lb metric cars.

How low would you run the G60? We have a 3000lb car and can run beadlock right side. Our track goes black slick weekly by the time our feature is run. Little banking in turns and 1/4 mile track

You don't want to be racing on the sidewall. You could take some tire chalk and mark your tire from the tread down towards the wheel. If it is cleaning off the sidewall you need more air if it does not you may be able to drop some air. May take a couple of test but you will figure out a good baseline with this method.

Racers, instead of lowering pressures, raise them. You will have better results! Hint hint! Dave is right...I ran 19 in RF, 17 in RR with a 3200lb car on Emods...I found speed and traction! My car came alive when I raised pressures versus lowering them!

Todd, what about left side? We generally run a 2lb split across. Sound about right?

15 in LF and usually around 12-13 in LR...LR is going to depend on what you want your stagger at. I used 26.5 all the way around. Didn't like the feel of the extra sidewalls with 27.5. Make sure your always using the same gauge as all gauges are not the same.