Default 02 Rocket Black Front

I've been having trouble hooking up the tires to the track. All it wants to do is spin. It works great in warm-ups, but after that it just spins. I have the car setup as the Rocket book says, the only thing is that I have a steel block and run alcohol. Do I need heavier springs in the front to transfer to the rear easier? I was also thinking of putting a heavier spring in the left rear, so when left off the throttle the car doesn't drop off the bars so fast. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys.

Alot more info would help. Like motor placement, Shock valving, current springs,5th arm placement with spring and Jbar . You not going to want to change to LR spring most likely put in a shock change to time how the car sets. If you like it in warmups your probably just not tuning to the track. But all the other info will help. Remember alcohol burns off 3 times as quick so you need to have your car good for the middle of a race so you don't give up to much in the beginning or end. If you have wheel spin its likely you need to move the 5th forward and assess your spring. look for 4" travel. And also look at your LR front shock valving and gas pressure if its gas. Add compression and gas. take out RR compression and Up rebound or chain the RR so it can't gain bar angle. Drop RRL bar are all common adjustments. You will probably need more rear percent for your burnoff like 56 or so I've never run alkie its to much of a pain to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by 06Duramax View Post
    I've been having trouble hooking up the tires to the track. All it wants to do is spin. It works great in warm-ups, but after that it just spins. I have the car setup as the Rocket book says, the only thing is that I have a steel block and run alcohol. Do I need heavier springs in the front to transfer to the rear easier? I was also thinking of putting a heavier spring in the left rear, so when left off the throttle the car doesn't drop off the bars so fast. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys.

Could be your car is tight on entry and your throwing it to make it turn once the tires arentt hooked up anymore they will continue to spin all the way through exit.