Thread: Bert trans

Default Bert trans

Was wondering if the clutches go out on a bert trans would in affect high gear? I was coming out of the corner and all the sudden my car started to slow down, I thought maybe I lost a driveshaft, but driveshaft is all good. Car wouldn't pull itself in low or reverse so I figure its the clutch burnt out, but I was under the impression high gear would still work even if clutch was gone being it was direct drive in high.

the clutch is only used to take off once in high it's a locked unit like an in/out box.sounds to me like you broke a shaft or stripped out the coupler. usually they'll make a popping sound as the teeth jump over one another.here's a couple photos of the high gear set up in your bert the first is the input shaft you can see the gog gear on the end the second is the high gear that is splinded directly to the out put shaft once shifted to high.
    Last edited by racin6mod; 05-05-2014 at 06:17 PM.

It was the aluminum coupler that stripped out. Went ahead and rebuilt the trans while I had it out so now Im good to go. Thanks

I lost a race a couple years ago due to a aluminum coupler and will never run one again.the wt# gain of the steel is a cheap price to pay to finish a race.

Ditto the "NO aluminum couplers"
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?