Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smackdown help!

I"m around 275 on our Steel Block Brodix head car. It is a Rocket Chassis but a 4 link is a 4 link it just depends on your engine combo, driver if hes a light switch gas pedal driver or a finesse driver.

How much travel on the 450 did you have during the race vs heat race.with the dryer track conditions your prob not compresssing it enought or on it enough to get more drive rolling up on it instead of down on it. I think i wouldnt change nothing for heat race this wk try lowering left lower bar maybe a wheel spacer on rf when slick .and i wouldnt be scared of 2inches of stagger in the slick

Our driver is definetly aggressive on the throttle, on slick track conditions he does seem drive in too deep and let the car over rotate some. I have also thought about a 2" wheel spacer on the RF, and I am questioning the 5th coil location and spring rate. As far as RF travel from the heat race to the feature, I'm not sure how much but it was alot less in the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by TEAM56RACER View Post
    Our driver is definetly aggressive on the throttle, on slick track conditions he does seem drive in too deep and let the car over rotate some. I have also thought about a 2" wheel spacer on the RF, and I am questioning the 5th coil location and spring rate. As far as RF travel from the heat race to the feature, I'm not sure how much but it was alot less in the feature.
    5th coil should be good if the driver has any finesse whatsoever
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I dunno MasterSbilt he just said hes aggressive lol I agree a 350 isn't unusual but thats why I mentioned it and the travel is it possible its a wheel spin problem and not actual drive? I don't mean to come across condescending if I sound that way but on super slick tracks you may never get full throttle, and it sounds like you have a dialed in car in the earlier nights if you pulled that kinda heat race lead. If he is driving in to deep we can't fix that you can't use all your traction to get you in then you can't get it off

I didnt make it down to watch this weekend and dont watch him specifically but i dont think its the driver. He's aggressive but i wouldnt say over aggressive with the throttle. He has alot of laps in different kind of cars, dont think he has wheeled a late model much though. But at 650hp on a 14in tire he shouldnt have too much wheel spin issues. He's young and likes to bump it off the cushion(pronouced Cooshin if you are The Don "BendYoSteal" O'neal). I say he needs to spend a bit more time tuning on the car

Have you tried or thought about trying a progressive spring on the lift bar when the track gets black? Weve used one our smack with favorable results . Also the rf spring seems way heavy. Were down to 250# and the car rotates well getting in has good traction off the corners
    Last edited by tin man; 04-29-2014 at 02:40 PM.

I see I see well post your shock package and the new style not the old style progressives you see on ebay (for a reason) work ok. They will either like it or hate it, and if you run one track that could be an option Ive seen them on tracks alot that stay one way all night not tracks that go from heavy to glass slick just my observation. Definitely get some 5th measurements and post your shock package, if you run chains on the LR and/or RR I think everyone would like to see you on the softer RF in here though you shouldn't have to go outside the box to far to get the car to react in a favorable way and make big gains.