Reading, PA – April 16, 2014 – Charles “Ronny” Crooks has joined Penske Racing Shocks, the world leader in racing suspension technology, as a Development and Technical Advisor. Ronny’s primary role will be to contribute to new product development and assist in defining technical enhancements to existing Penske Racing Shocks products, with a primary focus in the stock car and short track markets.Penske Racing Shocks Director of Competition, Aaron Lambert, stated, “This is a huge day for Penske Racing Shocks. I have personally known Ronny since my start with Penske in 2000. He has always been a great innovator of suspension. We couldn’t be more proud to have Ronny, along with his knowledge and highly regarded reputation, be a part of our team. Ronny is a clear representation of our goal to offer our customers the best available product supported by the most knowledgeable technical team”. Ronny has been a fixture in NASCAR’s top racing series for more than forty years. He started racing in 1972, where he was the first employee of engine builders Lee Hurley and Bobby Allison. Most recently, Ronny has spent his race seasons managing suspension development at Stewart Haas Racing. Prior to that, he had similar responsibilities at Richard Childress Racing, working with Dale Earnhardt, Sr., and also at Joe Gibbs Racing, working with Kyle Busch, Tony Stewart, and Denny Hamlin.“I don’t fish, hunt, or play golf. Racing is the only thing for me”, stated Ronny. “I have burnt both ends of the candle for years, trying to squeeze in all types of motorsports. It’s an awesome opportunity to be with a legendary company that is involved successfully in everything from Formula 1 to grass roots racing”.“Ronny’s addition adds strength to our talented team and provides an invaluable and unique end-user perspective of our products. His input will be vital as to how we improve our products, as well as enhance our world-class technical support through his knowledge of understanding what cars need from the dampers and what teams are trying to accomplish with the dampers. His expertise will help us more closely align our engineering efforts with adding value to our products in terms of performance, features, and technology. Our staff just gained an incredible resource for which to learn from as well”, added Jim Arentz, Technical Director of Penske Racing Shocks. For additional information, please contact: Penske Racing Shocks150 Franklin StreetReading, PA 19602(610) 375-6180www.penskeshocks.com