Default 604 Bypass Regulator

I have been told a bypass regulator is needed when running CHP/Ratman. So here are my questions...
    1. What brand/type is everyone running
    2. Why is a 'bypass' style regulator needed
    3. How is everyone plumbing these to keep them neat and professional looking as well as away from heat
    4. Anyone have pictures they can post of their bypass regulator set-up

Thanks in advance

we do recommend a bypass regulator for CHP and it is because CHP has a lower than normal boiling point which causes vapor lock and loss of fuel pressure----by using a bypass system we are constatnly returning fuel back to the cell-----although moving fuel throgh lines creates heat it is less heat than fuel dead headed at the carburetor and soaking up all the engine and header heat

you MUST run a high pressure pump or the regulator will not react and no benefit will be gained---we recommend an 11psi pump

we use and recommend aeromotive regulator 13301 its about $130 and is a high quality piece----if you remove the steel mounting bracket and use aluminum plugs for the unused ports it is light enough to hang off the back of the fuel log with a "run" style T making a clean and neat installation

it has vacum port for low idle pressure on methanol applications but for CHP it is not needed ----however do NOT plug it as it serves as the vent for the regulator

I am terrible with pictures but you can see a picture of the actual regulator on our website under the air and fuel supply tab and then click regulators

hope that helps

Brad
    www.race-1.com