Default Bert issue tonight

After unloading the car when I started it and went to move it to tech area I noticed I only have about a inch or less of cutch Later that night during feature it was hanging up in low and I like to never have got it into high and when it did of course it raked the gears. Sound like clutches, master cylinder, all the above? I have a low budget and this was my second race ever so not sure where to start to get it back up and going

Don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like driver

unless you have expierience with driving this style trans or have been instructed in the operation this will be the exact result

you will only have an inch of pedal---that is normal

it will hang in low and grind going into high if you don't time the speed----RPM and clutch release properly

I might be off base here but it just sounds like you need a little instruction

hope that helps
    Brad

Thanks I need all the instruction I can get. I did it fine when I bought the car and practiced a few weeks back. No issues Friday night thru hot laps and heats but feature it was a bear. Maybe just nerves??

Recommendations on rpm shift point?

Quote Originally Posted by rwarren55 View Post
    Recommendations on rpm shift point?
    I've gone from low to to high as low as 2000 RPMs but it's tricky and will abuse your hand if you're not careful. It's best to be up at about 3000 in low for me. I idle our motor higher than most (1500) so run in low up to 3000, dump the gas, and drop in high.

Like Matt said 3000 or 3500 use good pressure on the pedal while speeding up . release the clutch and gas then pull it firmly into gear. If your still having issues look at your reverse lever make sure your not having an issue with this linkage not being in the center of the detent. Common problem is the detent kit gets worn or had been removed and the reverse locator will hold you up trying to shift. If you have any questions about it you can call the shop. We make some of the parts for Bert so I'm very familiar with the transmission. 513-519-7745

brake cup is beeding by change mine once a year after you get the tranny out it takes about 10 mins to fix!

Also just double check to make sure your shift forks are nice and tight. When I first started, I didn't know that mine needed to be tightened up because they were so loose that they weren't engaging all the way and I couldn't shift. It's probably something simple or just takes time to get used to.

Do you have a clevis on the shift linkage hooked to the heim on the transmission. Two heims hooked together will cause it to sloppy to shift properly.