Default 4/19/14 - Lawrenceburg Speedway - Budweiser UMP Modifieds

BUDWEISER U.M.P. MODIFIEDS – “Scout Night at the Races”
    April 19, 2014 – Lawrenceburg, Indiana – Lawrenceburg Speedway

Heat 1 – 1. K12 Scotty Kincaid, 2. 6H Adam Hamilton, 3. 59 Weasel Rhoades, 4. 68 Adam Stricker, 5. 7 Tony McVey, 6. 1AM Austin Mills, 7. 70F Jim Fliehman, 8. 11S Cody Smith.

Feature – 1. 6H Adam Hamilton, 2. K12 Scotty Kincaid, 3. 68 Adam Stricker, 4. Weasel Rhoades, 5. 7 Tony McVey, 6. 1AM Austin Mills, 7. 11S Cody Smith, 8. 70F Jim Fliehman.

Lap Leaders – 1-20 Adam Hamilton

Hard Charger – Adam Hamilton (+1)

Winning Margin – 1.663 Seconds

Fastest Lap of the Race – Lap 4 Adam Hamilton 16.812 seconds (80.302 mph)

Point Standings – 1. Jim Fliehman-475; Austin Mills-440; 3. Scotty Kincaid-430; 4. Adam Hamilton-405; 5. Broc Burton-405; 5. Weasel Rhoades-405; 7. Adam Stricker-385; 8. Tony McVey-375; 9. Joey Kramer-225; 9. Rob Starkey-225.

Next Race – April 26 – Service Men & Women Night at the Races
    Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprints, Budweiser UMP Modifieds, Impact Sports Pure Stocks, Bessler’s U Pull & Save Hornets

For More Information – www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com

Where is all the cars? Modifieds?

Dave...not sure, but if they are like me, the other cars are probably just May-flowers (i.e., don't get out until May). I plan on being there next week, which is early for me. You oughtta get away from your back-yard track and get down there a few times. LOL

Jim Szekacs

Quote Originally Posted by js11 View Post
    Dave...not sure, but if they are like me, the other cars are probably just May-flowers (i.e., don't get out until May). I plan on being there next week, which is early for me. You oughtta get away from your back-yard track and get down there a few times. LOL

Jim Szekacs
    We may travel over sometime later this summer. Atomic Speedway the last year it ran full time averaged 35 cars.

High count this year is 17. I noticed L-Burg is 8-10. Good luck and be safe.

Fireball

...true. Car counts have been down at a lot of places in the last couple of years. Probably a combo of things. On the bright side, it's easy to make a show...just not as satisfying. Good luck and see ya around.

Quote Originally Posted by PINKY8 View Post
    Where is all the cars? Modifieds?
    They went to Florence!
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

The car count at Florence is down from a few years ago also. The car count at Florence was close to 40 a few years ago. Most tracks are down 1/3 to 1/2, because of many things, but mainly the cost to field a competitive car.

Its time for one or two of these indiana tracks to start a B mod class and do away with the ump mods. 6 tracks in this area too close to each other running the same nights. I would venture to say that probably 30% of the mods running now in indiana would fit into the b mod rules or be real close and be competitive again.