Default Switching to .810 rotors

Is there any break loss in switching from a 1.125 rotor to and .810? Is there any other advantages other than less rotating rate?

You will lose some cooling

Do you run long races? We went to .380 drilled rotors and lost no braking. We seldom ran more than 25 lap features with an occasional 40 thrown in. You may need to rethink your pad combination.

SPark

We run 25 to 30 lap races. Would you want to run a softer pad combination? Will my existing caliper mounts work on the .810 calipers? Reason I ask is the .810 are larger in diameter than the 1.125 rotors

Quote Originally Posted by LM14 View Post
    Do you run long races? We went to .380 drilled rotors and lost no braking. We seldom ran more than 25 lap features with an occasional 40 thrown in. You may need to rethink your pad combination.

SPark
    I have run the .380 rotors for years. Bought a car with them and saw no reason to switch. They wear very well.

We ran Polymatrix C or B pads, I can't really remember which one. Had a really good shop put us on this setup and it always worked great. The thinner rotors with the Poly pads also ran for years and years with no problems.

SPark

Quote Originally Posted by DGI View Post
    We run 25 to 30 lap races. Would you want to run a softer pad combination? Will my existing caliper mounts work on the .810 calipers? Reason I ask is the .810 are larger in diameter than the 1.125 rotors
    Larger diameter will increase braking force if you move the calipers to use it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I was considering going from the 1.25to the .380 s also, would just spacing pads in the caliper be adequate?

Quote Originally Posted by lmdriver72 View Post
    I was considering going from the 1.25to the .380 s also, would just spacing pads in the caliper be adequate?
    that is how mine are.

We had one set of calipers that just needed some of the spacer removed in the caliper body and new crossover lines. This was a few years ago and newer calipers may not be able to do this. We have also used pad spacers with no problems.

SPark