Default Saturday Night NASCAR: Good for tracks but bad for TV?

http://racingwithrich.com/?p=2576

In this story, I quote Mike Joy as saying that NASCAR racing on Saturday nights hurts local short track attendance. I actually think it might be the other way around. I think fans going to their local tracks hurts NASCAR TV ratings.

I highly doubt that having NASCAR on Saturday nights hurts local track attendance. I wouldn't let it affect my decision to go or not.

Attendance is down at all forms of racing even your local dirt tracks. Wherever the Nascar race is on Saturday it does hurt local dirt tracks attendance in that area the night of the race. Usually if there is a Nascar race on Saturday night I will stay home to watch it and not go to a dirt track race.

shame on you dvr does work

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    shame on you dvr does work
    To cheap to have DVR, I haven't even been to my local dirt track yet this year. Been to busy with personal things. Not sure when I'm going to make it probably sometime in May. It's quite different now that my brother and I have sold both of our cars and now we have none.
    Last edited by kidrock; 04-23-2014 at 01:46 PM.

if you don't support them they won't be there much longer

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    if you don't support them they won't be there much longer
    Oh I agree with you on that but, like I said I've been busy. Going to try and make it out the first of May.

We have been to four tracks this year for opening night and the crowds have been very very good..... one of the tracks is generally a sprint car track and we were there with the sprints with them as headliners so that one probably doesn't really count... Usually middle summer and out to the end of the yr are the tough times for the tracks.... there are lots of things to do these days so its up to the racer and the promoter to get the fans in there.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Oh I agree with you on that but, like I said I've been busy. Going to try and make it out the first of May.
    Kid, are you going to Jacksonville and/or Macon for the POWRi shows at those tracks this coming weekend?

The weather looks really good both Friday night for Jacksonville and Saturday nigth at Macon so we're figuring on being at both shows. Only down side is the 4 support classes Sarge insists on running with the midgets.

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

TV has ruined drag racing, is ruining NASCAR... What's next??? DLM RACING????
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Kid, are you going to Jacksonville and/or Macon for the POWRi shows at those tracks this coming weekend?

The weather looks really good both Friday night for Jacksonville and Saturday nigth at Macon so we're figuring on being at both shows. Only down side is the 4 support classes Sarge insists on running with the midgets.
    Unfortunately I won't be able this weekend. I'm going to try and make it to lincoln speedway next weekend but, might have to start working out of state again and if that happens not sure when I will make it out. This work thing is getting in my way of having fun lol but, I'm thankful to have a job so, not complaining by any means.

I DVR everything I watch, even the little amount of regular TV... Only thing that tics me off is when the local track announcer tells you who won the race you recorded....

I've missed every nascar race this year because of it's erratic schedule. I never know what tie it's at or even what day it's on. I haven't missed it really though.. lawn looks better. First local race next week