Default clocking 6 valve pump ?

Hi got a 6 valve pump on Ford. Trouble is that outlet for pump is right against oil filter. Would like to take apart pump and pin outlet and inlets around away from oil filter. Have some of you taken apart a 6 valve pump and done this before ? Will it work and is it a big deal ? thanks

Fuel pump? if so what brand? Edelbrock and clones? Simple job. No biggie

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardracing View Post
    Fuel pump? if so what brand? Edelbrock and clones? Simple job. No biggie
    yep I took apart pump and turned as need looks like it will be fine, since its never been ran hope it will not leak thnaks

The biggest blunders to make are over tightening the screws and warping the flange and not compressing the lever to relieve the diaphragm which can possibly stretch it or tear is shorting the life.

I used to run the edelbrock pumps on my modified and reclocked them before. And I've made every blunder Lizard mentioned! lol. I still hate those things. Went to a KSE tandem pump and life got a lot better.

I switched the the ProCam pump and they have addressed many common issues with the Edlebrock pumps like the seals releasing from the body making the top half of the pump acting like an oil pump and juicing oil everywhere. The valves are a better designed too. More robust. They also offer different pressures. As soon as I got it I took it apart to verify everything was assembled properly. I also machined a groove for a internal snap ring to retain the valves as well as the diaphragm seal. I also moved the vent to a more favorable location. Then as a final step I fly cut the flanges to ensure flatness. The belt drive is a way better solution but I have more time than money so I gotta do what I can to make things work.