Default DJ Myers recoeds first Hagerstown win in 6 years

For Immediate Release:
    April 22, 2014

DJ Myers prevails at Hagerstown, winning at the Maryland Oval for the first time since 2008; A great Easter weekend also included a solid 6th place run at the Bedford Speedway…

Having grown up in a racing family and following in the footsteps of his father, DJ Myers has spent the better part of 18 years behind the wheel of a late model, racing all over the Mid-Atlantic region. The Greencastle, Pennsylvania chauffeur learned at a young age what it feels like to park on the front stretch in victory lane. That feeling is one that is not easily forgotten and over the past 6 years Myers has ended many of nights holding the checkered flag in front of family and fans; just not at the Hagerstown Speedway. Little did the team know that they would face a 6 year drought at the big Maryland half mile that the team calls home. Not since June of 2008 had Myers parked his self owned #70J in Hagerstown’s victory lane, but that all ended this past Saturday when DJ held off point leader Roy Deese and 2 time 2014 feature winner Rick Eckert in a one-lap dash to the checkered flag to record his 15th career Hagerstown victory by a mere .517 of a second.

“What a great run, I was pretty sure I had forgotten how to find this place here” laughed a jubilant Myers from victory lane. “My heart sank when I saw the yellow lights come on at the white flag, but as soon as she said over the radio that the restart would be single file I knew as good as this car was tonight that we were going to be fine. The team made a great tire choice and this PPM Chassis worked perfect all night. These boys have stuck with me and have worked really hard to give me a good car here and it showed tonight. I cannot thank them and my sponsors enough for helping give me the chance to do something I love. If not for great companies like PPM Race Products, Hershey’s Racing Engines and Farmers Union Co-op I would not be able to do this.”

The excitement of victory lane would soon disappear as word started to spread about the fatal accident involving MBH’s Huey Wilcoxon. “It really adds perspective to things” said a subdued Myers. “We didn’t run of his cars but that didn’t matter to Huey. He was still a great friend and would jump in to help out when needed. I will really miss him. My whole team would like to offer are deepest sympathy to everyone in the whole MBH family. We all lost a good friend and racing lost a great man.”

The team started the weekend unloading at the Bedford Speedway last Friday evening where DJ would gain five spots in the feature to record a hard earned 6th place finish starting, what would end up being a great weekend for the PPM Racing Products team.

“Bedford was wide open all night” stated DJ. “Curtis (Hershey) builds a great motor and it performed flawlessly all weekend. We went a little soft on tires or I really think we had a top 3 car at Bedford also. I really love to run up there, I just wish their purse was a little bit better. They have a great staff and a top notch facility” added, Myers.

This coming Friday has the team back at Hagerstown to try for their second straight win. If accomplished, it will come against some of the best in the business as the Lucas Oil late Model Series is in town for the 50 lap, $10,000 to win, Stanley Schetrompt Classic. The following night, the team will head south to Winchester Speedway. There they will compete in round number 1 of the Niningers Tire Victory in the Valley Series. The 35 lap feature will pay $3,000 to win.

Team apparel and souvenirs will be available towards the middle of May. You can keep up-to-date on all the official DJ Myers Motorsports news including where and when they are going to race on twitter @djmyers70j.

DJ Myers Motorsports would like to thank all of their Sponsors:
    PPM Racing Products, Hershey’s Racing Engines, Myers Construction, Farmers Union Co-op, K.R.S. Graphics, Honey Fly Farms and Walls Wallpapering & Painting along with product sponsorship from ATI Super Damper, Baker Carburetion, Beyea Custom Headers, C-Line Products, Callies Performance Products, Cometic Gaskets, CP Pistons, CV Products, Dyers Top Rods, Falcon Racing Transmissions, Fast Shafts, HTMA, ISKY Cams, Ohlins, PBM Products, SignDesign/Bill Funk, Total Seal Piston Rings, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Winters Performance and Wix Filters.

Upcoming Schedule (Subject to Change)
    April 25th - Hagerstown Speedway (Lucas Oil/Stanley Schetrompt Memorial)
    April 26th – Winchester Speedway (Niningers Victory in the Valley Race No.1)
    May 3rd – Hagerstown Speedway

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media