Default bee hive spring kit question

Does anyone sell a kit with the shims that it may take to get the correct installed height? If not where can I purchase them? I've been told that it takes a certain Mic to get the correct height due to the retainer having a step in it.is this correct and if so where did everyone get one? Thanks

I got mine from Brad at race one, he is on here. He sold me shims at my request and they worked out fine.

the mic that we use is from PAC racing it is designed for the bee-hive spring----the way they come fro PAC it will not fit over the seal so I have them machined at the factory for additional insided dimension but that is not necessary you just can't check it with the seal using the off the shelf unit

there are shims out there that people use that are somewhat close but with all the trouble we have had in the past with broken spring locators we have opted to make our own shim that fits perfect and will not walk around under the locator

the shims are costly to make since we are not in the shim making business LOL----we buy a shim from CV products with the correct ID and then turn the OD down on our crank grinder---it takes time and eats up a pile of stone so the prices might sound high but we are not getting rich making shims.

.015 and .020---$2 each
    .025 and .030---$2.50 each

we do sell the height mic with ID machined out for $125 but they can be purchased from PAC cheaper --they just don't have the increased ID

GM bee-hive retrofit spring kit $360
    GM valve seals $2 each

Brad
    www.race-1.com