Default 2012 Lazer Chassis Questions

What are the pros and cons of standing the left rear shock up more by moving the top of the shock to the left? Lazer has a bracket that goes on top left chassis 4-link rod to make rod 1 1/2 to 2 inches (can't remember exact measurement) what are the pros and cons of using this bracket? If car gets any bit sideways, no traction. Wanting forward traction options. Any info would be helpful. Thank you for reading.

new to lazer this year, but here are my thoughts.... standing up spring makes the car feel like it has more spring rate, so everything else held constant, should create more lr traction when you pick up gas... shorter 4 link rod loads the tire "quicker" but i cant say it would add more drive...

Here is my advice, call jim at lazer, have all your information ready and he will get you pointed in the right direction. Good dude and great racecars
    JR

standing the lr shock up will increase the effective spring rate. there is some forward drive improvement in lowering the left rear shock. the lower bracket on the cage is key in this as the leverage on the birdcage is changed - on a twm cage it's a red bracket with a swivel clevis. i beileive this car helps to feel more stable at full left rear extension especially when no lr front shock is used. jmo.

short lr upper is a "get on the bars quick and keep it there" type deal good for a momentum track when you're always turning. not really any additional traction there, maybe even less.

what front spindle combination are you using? i'm assuming this is a reverse strut RF? is the car tight in the center of the corner at all?

Yes car is good in but when you roll out of the gas you have to use a little brake to turn it. If you loosen the car up so it will turn without brake, hardly no traction. It has a black front end. Thank you!

i definitely don't want to insult your maintenance program but go through the book with a fine tooth comb and check every measurement in it against the car. we've been running lazers for 5 years now and every time we get caught with an ill handling situation there was something off somewhere. we've usually chased it for a few weeks because we were sure that everything was right. the cars are great because they are very adjustable (especially the front end) but that's also a drawback because things get shifted for whatever reason. the car should be very driveable on a standard setup. they might not necessarily be the fastest that way but you shouldn't be having an extreme handling problem.

is your rr caliper floated on a birdcage or clamped to the axle?

The right rear is clamped to the axel tube. We have been running this car for 2-3 years. Never had any luck. We have run a Barry Wright Chassis and Warrior with success. Thanks!

we had a 2012 Lazer.. Could never get it to turn in.. Went as far as spacer on RF.. Thought Jim was gonna have a stroke when he saw it.. Ended up with Smackdown setup under it and it wasn't bad.. Needless to say the car is gone.. I did a happy dance when it left.. Went to MBH and loving life again..

we went to the black/diamond front end and gained drive. We also removed the lrf shock which also helped. we moved the 5th coil forward to the 3rd hole and seem to be rolling along well. the car runs well when kept straight and doesn't like being thrown in the corner.