Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DriveMaster?

Default DriveMaster?

Anybody used this product? I got a flyer in the mail and it looks pretty interesting but a little pricey to purchase without some feedback from somebody who's used it.
    If you haven't seen this, it's basically a bolt on bracket that goes in your 4-bar slot and allows the bar to essentially have infinite adjustment and doesn't require removing and replacing the bolt through the heim to move it. It has a long bolt with a jam not that moves the bar up and down.
    When in a hurry, moving the BLB can get frustrating when you've got a bunch of PSI in the LRF shock so this product definitely interests me.
    I'd post a link but they don't appear to have a website. The company that makes it is Race Genius out of Virginia.

Used these for years not the branded one you speak of but one we used to build. There are no issues and the adjustments can be very finely made. We switched our rear brackets to the slotted ones like nick Hoffman uses on the mods just because the threaded mechanism added a small bit of weight. It will make your changes easier. Just count turns instead of holes when you only have a couple hands to make changes its a life saver.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Anybody used this product? I got a flyer in the mail and it looks pretty interesting but a little pricey to purchase without some feedback from somebody who's used it.
    If you haven't seen this, it's basically a bolt on bracket that goes in your 4-bar slot and allows the bar to essentially have infinite adjustment and doesn't require removing and replacing the bolt through the heim to move it. It has a long bolt with a jam not that moves the bar up and down.
    When in a hurry, moving the BLB can get frustrating when you've got a bunch of PSI in the LRF shock so this product definitely interests me.
    I'd post a link but they don't appear to have a website. The company that makes it is Race Genius out of Virginia.
    I checked them out at Masters shop. Pretty nice, but certainly pricey.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Oh...didn't know they had them in Crothersville. I'll take a look at one next time I'm there.

Thanks, guys!

Of course Brian Gray invented them .... Brian... Ronnie Johnson has proved you can win being massively underpowered if your a technical guru and top shelf wheel man like he is ... You claim to be both ...

Yes he has proven it. And guess what Ronnie has been the flagship for xd4 for years now. Thank you for the acknowledgment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gray View Post
    Yes he has proven it. And guess what Ronnie has been the flagship for xd4 for years now. Thank you for the acknowledgment.
    And don't forget Brian Gray's Quote "most racers are scum bags" when you think of looking to him for advice or to buy his products or services.

Is there any links for info on this or pictures even?

I don't see a web address anywhere, but the flyer did have contact info: Race Genius, 7480 Don Rd, Mineral, VA 23117 (540)845-3690

What is xd4 ?

It's a nose piece that world renown aerodynamic engineer Brian gray claims to have designed .... The most note able thing about this nose is that A. No one runs it and B. Without a dial caliper it's barely distinguishable from a standard MD 3 nose

It should be noted brian was the lead engineer on the Lockheed Martin f22 raptor and designed every square inch of the F 35 from the ground up with only an abacus and a wood ax ...

I actually did work for general dynamics for a while Huck and yes Lockheed Martin did buy them out. The xd4 is barely distinguished from the md3 because they did indeed copy the tooling that friends ville made.

I worked on the atlas program though not the f22

And the nose is very different . and lots of people run them all over the country and Australia. We don't give away product or you would see more tour guys using them. It let's us be able to sell them at much lower cost and that's what local racers like.

It's dynoman all over again...

Lockheed did not "buy out" General Dynamics. They only purchased a few of their production divisions. General Dynamics is still a multi billion dollar corporation.
    If I'm putting 2 and 2 together, you seem to be saying that you worked on the Atlas rocket program for General Dynamics' Convair division (that's where Atlas was made) prior to that division's sale to Lockheed.

This all happened when you were in high school...so I'm calling bullsh!t.

Do you know Mark Mancinelli, by chance?
    Last edited by Matt49; 05-07-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Matt this is why I can't stand gray , he sells that same snake oil bull hit to people about their race car

I worked on the atlas II and AS in the late 90's before they sold it to Russia. Yes the development started in the 50s but continued into early 2000 . I did. Nacell design and engine frame controlled burn designation. This isn't BS this a fact.

Brian is Dynoman, I'm sure of it.

ANYWAYS... is the DriveMaster similar to the Elite chassis adjustment brackets on a modified? If so, would you say it is an improvement on it or not as good a design?
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car