Thread: tire prep.

Default tire prep.

hey guys, I need some help. I got a good fast car but when a race goes under cation and when the race starts again my tires seel over and car is not as fast. Can you anybody tell me something to put on my tires or a tire prep and how to mix it and what all is in it so i can put on my tires during the week, to keep them from seeling over? i can not make the tires softer i just need to make them better and keep life in them. thanks for any help.

Why not use grooving/siping/needling to help keep them from sealing up?

You need to sipe your tires.

Don't cheat.Buzz tires under caution,sipe,groove and wash tires.What tires are you running?

I do not drive a create car. I know alot of late model drivers spend alot of time on tires. I drive a imca mod. hoosier imca tire. We can not groove or sipe tires we can put whatever we want on tires as long as they do not get softer. I should have told you more in the beginning. Do you have any suggestions?

About all you can do then is try to keep heat in them under caution.Im sure IMCA does not want you soaking tires.Maybe try a nailhead disc on you grinder.May be considered siping to tech man if you get real aggressive with it though.Make sure your spinning your tires in the loose dirt if possible.Chemicals are not your awnser,most soaps and cleaners will pull out the oils that are in the tire.

What ever happened to that guy that came on here that prepped tires? I think he was from or owned Crown Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by jack2015 View Post
    I do not drive a create car. I know alot of late model drivers spend alot of time on tires. I drive a imca mod. hoosier imca tire. We can not groove or sipe tires we can put whatever we want on tires as long as they do not get softer. I should have told you more in the beginning. Do you have any suggestions?
    IMCA rules say you can Sipe and grind your tires, just not groove them.