Default black front end rocket w 19.75 rack

What would the tire rod lengths be? 15" 14" or 16"13" never ran a 19.75 rack always 18.25 but got to run what j have

Quote Originally Posted by stehle View Post
    What would the tire rod lengths be? 15" 14" or 16"13" never ran a 19.75 rack always 18.25 but got to run what j have
    I'd park it before I put the wrong length rack in it. Especially off by that much. You're going to have ferocious bump steer issues...possibly to the point of being dangerous to drive.

Matt is right. IF you are run a rack and inch and half different than the spacing of the correct rack you will have all sorts of bump steer. Not saying you couldn't fix it to some extent but if you did you very well could run into clearance issues when you got done. Look around and get the right rack.

I'm pretty sure a black front takes a 19.75

Depending on the brand of rack you have, you could easily put an extention on it.

Matt, Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you are thinking backwards. With a shorter rack you will have longer tie rods which will give a shorter arc and less bump movement. Either way it is best to have the correct rack length!

You'll have the same amount of bump steer movement just the opposite direction.
    In general, longer rack and shorter tie rods in going to cause bump toe in.
    In general, shorter rack and longer tie rods is going to cause bump toe out.

Can someone confirm I'm pretty sure 19.75 is correct for a black front rocket anyway

19 3/4" is the correct rack for a black front rocket. It should use a 12" left side tube and a 16" right side tube. The right side should be set to 19 1/4"

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    Can someone confirm I'm pretty sure 19.75 is correct for a black front rocket anyway
    According to Sweet's website, 19.75 is for Black Rocket.
    https://sweetmfg.biz/pages.php?pageid=8