Thread: steering help

Default steering help

Is there a stock steering gear box for a metric chassis that will work with 2-1 steering quickner. Looking for something with .185 valving or lighter.

Get a remanufactured 12.7:1 box for a 1971 camaro. Then get the torsion bar turned down to 0.185. You may need some help getting to that point or find someone to do it for you. I would use Lee power steering in California. Very nice people and fairly reasonable. Goodluck

A lot of racers are going to the 6:1 Sweet box and removing their quickners!

The 6:1 Sweet box is good if you are a driver with deep pockets (pricey, but great quality) and that likes to feel the track more with your frontend (eliminates quickener and gives you "almost" direct steering wheel to tire feeling).

A lot of guys I know use around a 12:1 range to 14:1 range box with a 2:1 quickener and have great success. There is a steering box that is very light weight and durable that is very popular, I do not remember the name of it (I want to say GM 600 is the name/number), but I know that it can be picked out of a bunch because the plate thing looks like a smiley face on it.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

I run a sweet mfg 8:1 210 valve and love it !!! (No quickner)
    Last edited by Nester Racing; 08-24-2014 at 09:14 PM.