Thread: Ram coupler

Default Ram coupler

Has anyone on here ever used one? Its about 7 pounds lighyer than my triple disk, but im not understanding exactly how they work or if it would be as reliable as what i have now... im running a Ram assault clutch and have been for several years without any problems.. the coupler is a cone style clutch and after looking at it on rams website, it looks like it could be more headache than helpful..

when installed right it's a good outfit.Be sure to put a spring on the clutch fork to keep the throwout bearing off the hub it will cause it to build heat.On my outlaw 4cylinder removing a 9 pound clutch it was like night and day .Way more zip off corners and restarts.

I used to run one in my mud drag truck. Worked great but do not slip it or it will burn up and like already stated keep the through out bearing off it.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

Used one on my 2.3 Mini Mod several years ago. Like above poster said, it was night and day! Had to trim input shaft and snout for it to fit and I had trouble breaking the rivets that hold the friction cone in place but it was a blast to drive! I noticed it most on corner entry. I could go so much deeper as rpms dropped fast! Get some light weight wheels too!

1 more thing. I had issues with flex plates. Starter never would engage right and broke the center out of 1. I think because there was no torque convertor to brace it up. Might consider reinforcing of some sort. This was years ago when they first came out, maybe the design has improved. It IS worth the headache!