Default heart transplant

moved the heart of the ministock into the street car.
    the stock fuel pump in the tank will pressure up the system but wont maintain enough pressure to keep the car running even at an idle. is it possible to tie the pressure system to the mechanical pump and pull the fuel through?
    everfaster

I would say the pump in the tank is no good. It should have enough pressure to sink the float on a carbed engine. What type of car is it? Some pumps you can suck the gas threw with an external pump. The other thing you can do is remove the pump and extend the line to reach the bottom of the tank. Most pumps in tanks have way more pressure than what is required to run a carb.

that was my thought.. the factory pump should be over powering which is why I have a T fitting near the carb for the excess pressure to push the fuel back to the tank. one of the guys I work with said that there may be a auto shut off if the pressure is not consistant... its' and 88 mustang had efi 4cyl .. Ran like a champ, all factory stuff. was driving it with out any fuel issues up to the point I pulled the motor... i'll try running the fuel line from the tank to the mechincal pump keeping the relief T fitting in line.. see if that helps... only other thought is like you said.. pull the tank and buy a factory (non ele fuel pump) pick up and replace it..

Is there any thing telling the electric pump to keep running? If its not calling for fuel the pump will not continue to run.