Default PG 1.76 gears into 1.82 carrier

There was an old sale posting from an individual I came across for one of these. Not sure on rotation weight savings or if it is cost prohibitive. What would it take to do this?

Also, where to look for loose OEM 1.76 gears at a reasonable $. I went through the 2 stock planetary cores I had to find a set that would function. The sun gear to bearing surface was/is almost a goner. thx

What exactly do you need? I have all kinds of PG stuff.

Just a quick look at a planetary, seems like you would either need a spacer to hold the 1.76 short pinion gear down or custom gear set to match the 1.82 design.

I put a pin & bushing kit in the stock carrier 1.76 I am running now, but noticed the sun gear face is grooved instead of flat and the new roller bearing has dug in there some. For some reason I didn't think it was a good idea to just flip it over to the other side. Might could surface and shim the sun gear but I didn't have those options available when it was going together. Seems like the drag race places that change the carriers to a different gear ratio might have a few stock gear sets left over? I don't hang out on straight line boards much Its easiest to just find a decent 1.76 planetary and replace it all I guess. I like the 1.76 final for where I am running and would swap the gear to the lighter carrier if its reasonable to attempt. Low hp application on a motor track, needs all the power you can throw at it.

I've never heard that the 1.76 and 1.82 style gearsets were interchangeable. I wouldn't think they are...

You can get most any gear ratio you want from the drag race suppliers, but they tend to be pricey.

Pulled a 1.82 pin, looks like they had to use a custom gear set to do this.