Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A claim with a 4412 can make more power legally than a crate if built right with the right cam choice using smogger heads. There are no need to spin the motor 7grand as the motor won't be making any power and no efficiency. All your doing is stressing your top end. The top end is already weak with the parts we are allowed. I have never had a motor falure yet. Not saying it couldn't happen but I haven't. I have seen a guy at my track have major top end problems trying to run 7grand weekly.

Dr J claims to make 405 hp and 425 torque with the northern sport mod crate killer with EQ heads. Carb headers distributor motor all for 5800. They also have a cost comparison to the crate if you want all you can get out(top of the line carb, headers misc upgrades) of it and the price is almost the same

Our 355 WISSOTA b-mod engine was built for $3500.00 including carb, pan, water pump, etc. ready to bolt in. Including parts and machine work.

Specs… 010 block, Wiseco pistons (.010 in the hole), GM PM rods with ARP bolts, stock crank, Melling M55 oil pump, 993 heads with Si valves, K-Motion springs, Crane retainers. Jones cam and juice lifters… (.500 lift, 243 duration on 106 lobe separation), moly pushrods, $50.00 Willy's carb core rebuilt by our local carb guy, iron intake, GOOD MSD dizzy, Allstar Vette water pump, Allstar pulleys.

We are running Speedwerx Tri-Y headers that came with the car.

We had planned on dyno-ing the engine but ran out of time. We are guessing we have around 360-380 HP. We will dyno it after we get our spare engine done and installed… it will serve as our back-up.

WISSOTA is only testing crates this year but we will probably run against a few at two of the non-sanctioned tracks we'll run. I don't see a problem keeping up with them at all… time will tell.
    Last edited by Krooser; 06-08-2014 at 12:52 AM.

The thing to remember is this, No matter how much you spend you will still have the same problem, You can be claimed..........Thats the part that sucks. Now, If these guys that think they have all the answers and no SO MUCH more then the next guy, and the sanctioning Bodies were as smart as they think they are....they would Spec an Engine with certian parts only that would be inspected and then sealed and not claimable. This way I don't have to make these auto dealers richer then they already are. And you NA sayers all know it could be done. But then the Crate would not have the advantage no longer.......Or lets equal it out and put a Swap rule on the Crates....Now theres an Idea. Bet the Crate Guys wont like that.....

Swap rules are never a good idea because if you take care of your stuff with good oil and maintenance you don't want to end up with something that hasn't been taken care of or sort out someone's idea of "tuning". If you want to kill car count, that junk will do it.

I've been top a couple sport mod races this summer and a guy from quincy il has a claimer motor that gives the crate guy's fits he won by a straight away at lee county the night we were there.I don't know the details of his motor other than it is a sbc but he won his heat and the feature going away. I noticed he was one of 3 cars that had the claimer sticker on the roof post. I know a local engine builder that is looking hard at building a claim motor that will run with the 602 he's testing cams now to help with the lesser heads the claim engines arte forced to run. I've built quite a few motors over the years and could easily build a claimer for under 3,500 those that say they can't are over pricing they're labor. he11 we just built a 600hp 392 for under that you've just got to keep your eye's open and plan it out.

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    I've been top a couple sport mod races this summer and a guy from quincy il has a claimer motor that gives the crate guy's fits he won by a straight away at lee county the night we were there.I don't know the details of his motor other than it is a sbc but he won his heat and the feature going away. I noticed he was one of 3 cars that had the claimer sticker on the roof post. I know a local engine builder that is looking hard at building a claim motor that will run with the 602 he's testing cams now to help with the lesser heads the claim engines arte forced to run. I've built quite a few motors over the years and could easily build a claimer for under 3,500 those that say they can't are over pricing they're labor. he11 we just built a 600hp 392 for under that you've just got to keep your eye's open and plan it out.
    a buddy of mine switched from an open to a crate in his sport mod. he likes the open motor better. felt it had better power and he likes the rpm.

A Long-Awaited Update for This Compact Crossover 2018 Volvo XC60 2017 Honda Civic Type R Jaguar I-Pace Concept and more