Default power steering issues

My Rayburn is having steering issues that I need help diagnosing. Takes a little more input than I feel is necessary to turn right and takes two handfuls of wheel to turn it back left on corner exit. I have tried two different Appleton racks with integral servo and two different Sweet brand pumps. Resevoir is mounted above pump so I cant imagine its an air lock issue? Any suggestions??? You can center the wheels up in the shop,and turn right with some effort but when turning back left it seems as though when you get back to center,starts tightning up and you can see the pressure line from the pump to the rack twitch and shake.
    Bartley Grant
    #1 red,white and blue sportsman and mod-#24 lightning/smokehouse grill mod
    www.bartleygrant.com

Sounds like you have 2 lines reversed

sounds like you have air in the lines, possibly down by the rack, try and bleed the lines with it running.

double checked plumbing...its plumbed correctly. bled lines at rack,no change. changed pressure line from pump to rack,no change. tried atf, royal purple,redline fluid as well as 5-30 engine oil...still no progress.
    Bartley Grant
    www.bartleygrant.com

can jack car up and turn left and right no issue...no steering components binding
    Bartley Grant
    www.bartleygrant.com

I'm having the same issue. My -10 line from the bottom of the tank back to the pump is braided steel. I have never had a problem but I have talked to Woodward and KRC. Both say that line is collapsing and starving the pump. I'm going to replace it and see.

Quote Originally Posted by SCREAMIN1CAR View Post
    can jack car up and turn left and right no issue...no steering components binding
    is the car running or not when you do this? if it's not I thinking the servo is the problem they get bent and twisted pretty easy. those vey small passages need to line up perfectly or they cause all kinds of problems.