Default EQ Cylinder Head Issues

Im having trouble with a set of eq heads for a 350, its on a wissota car but they are the imca approved heads. when installed the pushrod doesnt line up with the rocker arm correctly? it has caused 3 lifters to come apart due to the angle of the rods, it also pushes the rocker arms off to one side of the valves, and changes my valve lash settings. anybody have issues with this? thinking these heads were a mistake.

What type of rocker? Sounds like stud bosses may be in wrong location or heads require offset rockers...are the pushrods touching the outside of the intake ports?? Could you post a pic or two to show some details
    Josh K.

Put the push rod in the lifter. The push rod should have contact only with the guide plate. If the push rod touches the head casting, put the rocker on and check the side alignment. The rocker should be centered on the valve stem. The guide plate will require moving or a adjustable 2 piece guide plate. Or drill the head casting for push rod clearance if the guide plate is right..
    The push rod can only contact 3 points, not 4.
    Gator Engineering

Have you been able to solve your problem? I have a set of EQs also and have lost the lobe off two camshafts, same lobe each time. I can see where my pushrods have been rubbing on the head below the guide plate. I had zero can issues before installing the EQ heads.

Could this be my cause of cam lobe problems?

I doubt thats your problem. Either way i would drill out the pushrod holes in the head to 1/2 and run adjustable guideplates. I run them and run 3/8 pushrods with plenty of room.

Mine are the same way. I can see stock heads being like that, but was kinda upset after spendng the money for an aftermarket which is supposed to be better. Mine are a little offset and have been fine so far this year with no issues. I've got a set of adjustable guide plate that wlll probably go on next year.