Default External Oil Pump

Sorry about the dumb question guys. I have been thinking about going to an external oil pump on my new wet sump motor. Does anyone have a plumbing diagram that would work for this setup? I've googled it, but am kinda lost on how to plumb back into the block. If I do this I will prob wait til I freshen it up this winter, but I'd like to wrap my head around the process before I cut my engine builder loose.

Also, with the added expense, will I be better off going dry sump?

This is for a sbc.

Thanks.

Probably matters which block you have. Stock, dart, Motown?

Stock block.

My Ford engine runs an external. Motorsport block that has a fitting in the block near where the stock oil filter screws in. Wet sump oil pan with -12AN fitting in right lower sump and goes to pump. Outlet of pump goes to oil filter relocator. Oil filter relocator to block.

Is there an adapter that will allow me to go back in right where the oil filter is? I realize I will have to have a remote filter, which is good I imagine as I will gain a little more volume, and I can plumb in a cooler as well.

Quote Originally Posted by keeks View Post
    Is there an adapter that will allow me to go back in right where the oil filter is? I realize I will have to have a remote filter, which is good I imagine as I will gain a little more volume, and I can plumb in a cooler as well.
    Peterson makes a sandwich adapter, uses stock filter, in 1" lower position.
    We ran ours out of the belt drive pump, to a deck mounted cooler, then back in just above the filter, but you can omit the cooler.