Thread: carbs?

Default carbs?

is it worth it to pay the extra money to get a willy's or other named carb as opposed to just buying a stock holley or something? are the gains really worth the cost? i've researched some and have come across some other people running a 602 and they have contacted some of these carb supliers and most of the answers they get for what they do to them is we take a stock carb and clean it up a bit. plus with the amount of hp crate engine makes is it really worth it? reason asking is i need a carb and this is my first crate trying to make it as inexpenssive as i can and save money if i don't really need a $1500 carb and can get a $600 one why would i?

Like Jeff said call John, he will get you something much better than a stock carb and wont cost much more, he has several options.

I second (or third) that on John at JDR. Great to work with and he knows the fuel curve requirements of these motors. And he won't try to sell you a bunch of fancy billet crap you don't need.

X 4 on JDR he has done our e-85 Crate & open carbs & they are perfect right out of the box

Quote Originally Posted by MLR19 View Post
    X 4 on JDR he has done our e-85 Crate & open carbs & they are perfect right out of the box
    Sorry, I know this is a little off topic with regards to the question asked. But has anyone tried the new 604 crate KB carb? I have one of Karstens carbs on my open motor and I love it, was just curious if anyone has tried his crate stuff?

If you have the desire to dial in a carb on your own you will have a much better driving and working carb than any builder can do for you unless they are local to you and will come to the track to get it perfect.

If you are willing to pay for a dyno session you can get it dialed in to make within 2% of the power that anybody can.

Here is the forum you need to help you with the changes to make the best carb you've ever used in your life:
    http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum....forum.php?f=25

Edited per request of John.
    Last edited by mod71m; 06-24-2014 at 09:25 AM.

I would have to disagree with that. Tinkering around with something you don't really understand will end up with the carb having to be sent back to someone that does, or you'll melt the motor down whichever comes first.