Default circlematic problems please help!!!

I have a TCI circlematic in my bmod from a guy that had it working just fine in his late model but now I can't get it to work it doesn't act like its in gear no matter what gear I put it in it'll just rock back amd forth have never used one before its the clutcless style without the pedal or anything please help thank you

Does the trans lock when you put it in Park? If not, the problem may be that the shift lever is not engaged correctly into the manual valve. This is a spool valve in the valve body that should move back and forth with the shift lever. I don't know if TCI disables Park in the Circlematics. If they do, this test won't work and you'll have to drop the pan to look.

Get a pressure reading. Might be either the pump is bad, or direct drive coupler is not engaged in the pump.

What kind of fluid are you using? If it is "thinner" than what TCI recommends, you may have to change the bleedoff jets to a smaller size (or use the fluid TCI suggests).

Put the rear on jack stands and shift to High with the engine running. The only way High gear shouldn't work is if you have no fluid pressure.
    Last edited by speedbuggy; 06-12-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Ok this is what we've done we put the backend up and got the back tires to spin in high gear and reverse and it does lock in park but when you're on the ground the car won't move at all so I don't really know what to do

Assuming you have the Powerglide Circlematic, I had a Powerglide let go on me last year in the middle of a test session, and what you are describing is what happened afterwards. I could shift it all day long but I wouldn't go anywhere, just rocked back and forth a little. Might want to drain the fluid and see if it is burnt up or smells burnt up. Should smell like rotten celery and some discolor if its burnt up, if it is, you will need a full rebuild because your clutches and bands are shot.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

If you have a chance to, try to get your hands on a Bushore or Phipps Powerglide, their transmissions seem to last longer than the TCI ones.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

OK, so the shifter lever is hooked up right.

If the car is on the ground and you kick it into High, it should kill the motor. If it doesn't, you don't have enough pump pressure to engage the clutches. The pin that holds the pump priming valve may have sheared off. You'll have to pull the pump to see what's going on. On the ones I build, I remove the pin and tap and plug the hole with a 1/4" pipe plug (as per Carl Monroe's Powerglide Handbook).

Here is a picture of that valve on the back of the pump:
    http://books.google.com/books?id=SOI...valves&f=false

Would be nice to get a pressure reading before going to all that trouble though. You can use the port on the low servo cover to see if you have pressure. 1/8" pipe thread fitting. You should see greater than 120# at 2500 rpm.
    Last edited by speedbuggy; 06-12-2014 at 11:53 AM.

you have to rev the motor to get it to move in first.
    Gator Engineering

Yeah I had someone local tell me about reving it real high I had it at least 4k and it just rocks back and fort amd would be just smarter to get a three speed or brinn then get this rebuilt?

If brinn/berts are legal you are wasting your time with the glide. I lost 4-5 nights fighting trans issues and throwing money away on them before i finally bought one. Not an issue since i upgraded