Default Kirkey full containment vs Ultra Shield VS.?

After my crash, a broken shoulder and a few weeks of dizzy ness, I'm upgrading from the Kirkey intermediate to a containment in the new car. I tried out the Ultra Shield yesterday and I really liked it, and the ability to see where the top of the headrest catches my sight line. Have not tried the Kirkey yet. What are opinions, pros and cons, etc?

I have the Kirkey 18* layback seat. It's the only one I have tried, but am extremely pleased with the fit/feel. The top portion is adjustable where it attaches to the bottom, to accomodate for different heights/vision issues. I have the added leg supports as well, and wear a Simpson neck restraint. I fortunately have not been in any hard wreck with it, but with how well it fits I feel I would be very secure. Extremely comfortable from what I remember the "old" style seats feeling. I wish you well as you mend from your injuries!

Thanks Jet. Crash was 8 weeks ago and I just found out Monday my shoulder was broken. I think a containment seat would have kept me from flopping around so much and possibly saved me some injury. Possibly, I wouldn't have gotten knocked out if I had a halo. Anyway, physical therapy here I come. Was not aware the halo was adjustable. THanks for the heads up.

Huge supporter of ultrashield, use their seats. Seen regular kirkey seats bend, that turned me off from them.

The Kirkey I had in the car bent pretty badly. Of course the rest of the car did too. The bars behind the driver compartment broke, so any seat probably would have bent. I've never seen a car break in so many places.

A bending seat is absorbing the G-forces and lessening the sudden stop on the driver. The seat belts are supposed to keep your body from moving around not the seat alone.

I just pulled my 3 race old kirkey containment seat out and replaced it with my ultra shield. i couldn't get used to the seat, seams the rib supports and butt pan are shorter. i couldn't get comfortable in it. they are both well made seats, i guess its preference

If you get a head and neck restraint the sight line to the right won't matter. You can't turn far enough to see that way.

I have an ultrashield vs halo and I absolutely love it. I have taken naps in the lineup chute it is so comfortable. Just kidding. It is super comfortable and I would recommend it. I haven't tried the Kirkey so I can't say on it but the ultrashield is top notch.
    Joe's Race Parts
    From Mild to Wild...
    and Everything in Between
    http://www.191speedway.com
    http://www.joesraceparts.com

I ended up going with the VS Halo 20 degree. It is very comfortable and I'm pleased with the purchase. Hopefully, I won't have to test it out like I did the last one.