Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 03 rocket tight on entry

375 rf 500 lf 250 rr 200 lr. Integra ida base 03 rocket settings. .bars in base holes. What do I do to loosen? Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by steelkiwi75 View Post
    375 rf 500 lf 250 rr 200 lr. Integra ida base 03 rocket settings. .bars in base holes. What do I do to loosen? Thanks
    Try a pair of 225's across the rear.......... or swap the current springs left to right for a very noticeable change.

or

Crank some bite in it, add rebound to lr shock.

or

Raise the rr lower bar up @ frame,(something I never do, some places and people like it)

Many ways to go, some vary directly with corner exit handling, some inversely.Depends what you want.

Try a softer LF spring, like a 450 or 425, this what I try first because it seems to work well in my experiance. As jed said lots of ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by hpmaster View Post
    Try a softer LF spring, like a 450 or 425, this what I try first because it seems to work well in my experiance. As jed said lots of ways to go.
    This is also what I would try first. Maybe even a 475. Depends on how far you want to go with it or how tight you really are now.

How about real basic. What RR tire pressure you running?

10 lbs rr 12 lbs rf 8 lbs lf 6 lbs lr

If that is a black front end change right rear to 225 and drop rf down till starts to turn in if track is smooth 300 would not be out of the question

Quote Originally Posted by matt8 View Post
    If that is a black front end change right rear to 225 and drop rf down till starts to turn in if track is smooth 300 would not be out of the question
    Its a 2003 Unless its got the raised Rail updated which started 2004 can't cant really run softer then a 350 without risking the rail hitting the track.....

Have you ever messed around with the anti-dive?

According to my Rocket set-up book, you should have a 250lr, 225rr.

Also, be sure right side radius rods are 18.75".

This should loosen you up a fair amount.

Quote Originally Posted by hex8320 View Post
    Have you ever messed around with the anti-dive?
    Anti dive, most often done by changing the angle of an upper control mounting points, the front higher than the rear adds "anti dive". I have worked with it on both the right and left with mixed results, but do not forget you are basicly mechanicaly limiting or locking up the suspension with the most anti dive under braking first. Until you have a handle on what the suspension is doing set as designed you need to be careful. JMHO

Anti-dive is completely dependent on braking forces/torgue. If you don't use much front brake it won't have much effect.
    In most cases on dirt cars we are looking to keep the front suspension moving as free as possible so that the high dollar shocks can do their thing. My personal opinion is that introducing additional mechanical loading (e.g. anti-dive) is counterproductive. Pretty much every dirt late model front end out there today is designed with NO anti-dive...probably a reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Anti-dive is completely dependent on braking forces/torgue. If you don't use much front brake it won't have much effect.
    In most cases on dirt cars we are looking to keep the front suspension moving as free as possible so that the high dollar shocks can do their thing. My personal opinion is that introducing additional mechanical loading (e.g. anti-dive) is counterproductive. Pretty much every dirt late model front end out there today is designed with NO anti-dive...probably a reason for that.
    Agreed, thanks for adding and clarifying. Adding too much anti dive can turn a race car with a $5000.00 front suspension into a dart under braking. ie 1970 Dodge Dart LOL.

Plus most drivers trail brake its holding it in a bind. I have seen some pro-dive on some chassis

Are you on or off throttle tight entry?

Off. Thanks for the comments yall

Changed rf to 325 and rr to 225. Still very tight. Put 3 turns in top and bottom right side bars to move right side of rear back a little. Don't know if tht is the right thing to do but it helped .

Adjustments that add steer help tight in problems. Is the car rolling over a ton and tight until it rolls and feels on the spring?
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

It's tight until it rolls over but it doesn't roll over a whoole lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelkiwi75 View Post
    Changed rf to 325 and rr to 225. Still very tight. Put 3 turns in top and bottom right side bars to move right side of rear back a little. Don't know if tht is the right thing to do but it helped .
    Softening RF spring tightens car into corner.

What do you consider/use as base 4 link holes/mounting points?
    How many do you have @ each location? 3?